SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Police in high visibility jackets
admin
Administrator

11-10-2013 05:24 PM

Received from Chief Superintendent Russell Nyman:

Quote:
A lot of you may have noticed this week many of my officers have been walking around in high visibility jackets and many of you have asked if there is a serious incident taking place in your area.

Whilst there has been no serious incident what has happened is that you have clearly noticed my officers patrolling your streets and providing reassurance.

I know most of you want to see more of a visible police presence in your area. Seeing police officers or PCSOs on the beat does reassure people and clearly demonstrates that officers are out on patrol.

The introduction of wearing high visibility jackets not just at critical incidents but throughout their shifts is designed to help improve the contact we have with you….. its introduction this week sends a very clear message to criminals who may have the perception that they can commit crime and not be apprehended.

I myself was out and about on patrol this week and it is important for you to see a visible policing presence on the streets of Lewisham which is why this has been introduced.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SElady

13-10-2013 01:34 PM

Thank you for your post. Had not noticed myself any extra police about in Forest Hill but welcome it if they are there.

Hopefully they will be there on a more regular basis as it is always reassuring to see them patrolling and as you say hopefully sends out a message to those who need it.Thumbsup

Sherwood

21-10-2013 03:21 PM

I saw a lot of police at the Bank in Catford today!

nottinghillbilly

21-10-2013 05:57 PM

I saw two police on bikes in hi-vis vests on bikes on Dartmouth road last thursday at about 7.30pm
They stopped and checked out the street drinkers outside the bookmakers
and gave me a cheery greeting when I walked past.
I must confess it felt comforting seeing them.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Police appeal to locate stolen high value motorbike admin 0 2,702 17-03-2014 04:11 PM
Last Post: admin