SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Fuel Spill at Tesco Garage?
Cellar Door

12-10-2013 09:44 AM

robwinton wrote:
Finally, I reported it to the Metropolitan Police (via 101). I hate using this service as I'm sure they have more important issues to deal with, but in the absence of any other help, and to help others, I guess there was not much else to do.

I think that 101 was a perfectly logical conclusion to call after the brief run-around you got from Lewisham Environmental and TFL.

And I agree that it was annoying and the TFL aspect was particularly useless. (I’m already furiously handwriting a letter to the Major of London, a Mr. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, with my left hand as I type this response to your thread with my right hand.)

Thank you very much robwinton. As someone who tears down there on my bicycle I know how dangerous it can be even on a relatively good day. You probably saved someone a nasty tumble. Or worse.

This made me think about the 101 service. From the Police 101 website they say:

101 - The police non-emergency number wrote:
When to call 101?

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response.

For example, you should call 101 if:

• your car has been stolen
• your property has been damaged
• you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

• report a minor traffic collision
• give the police information about crime in your area
• speak to the police about a general enquiry

Therefore, after exhausting Lewisham Environmental and TFL I think calling the police about this as a general enquiry was spot-on.

‘Tis a pity that the people that you spoke with at Lewisham Environmental and TFL were a bit lacklustre this time. Maybe a rainy Friday afternoon and they had their eye on the clock and the weekend lurking just beyond that.

Anyway, thank you again from myself as a cyclist for your tenacity in getting this sorted, robwinton.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Fuel Spill at Tesco Garage? - robwinton - 11-10-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Fuel spill? - Londondrz - 11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Fuel spill? - robwinton - 11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
RE: Fuel spill? - robwinton - 11-10-2013, 03:34 PM
RE: Fuel Spill at Tesco Garage? - Cellar Door - 12-10-2013 09:44 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tesco Garage in Forest Hill and price of petrol hertburs 7 8,290 04-10-2013 05:41 PM
Last Post: hertburs