SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Doorstep scam or fraud
billham

08-06-2008 12:23 PM

Hi Jane

Sorry to hear about your problem. I sincerely hope it is not too serious for you - it sounds like they used your address to order the parcel. Hopefully it is only your address they have used (bad enough)and not your name too.

I really wanted to comment on the attitude of the police. Whatever happened to preventative policing? Possibly the nature of this crime (because it IS a crime) makes it difficult for them. I was brought up to be law abiding and pro-police, but my experiences with them recently seem to be negative ones, and you get the feeling that unless you have actually been attacked or murdered they won't respond.

In a recent minor vandalism incident on our property here, no police ever turned up. I did however get 3 phone calls from civilian administrators taking details including my religious beliefs and ethnic background!! Ever feel like a statistic??? It wasn't Al Queda caused the damage and there was no 'race' aspect since the kids who did it covered the spectrum in that respect and were all equally culpable!

For me, small crimes lead to big ones and some people will just keep pushing things further because frankly they haven't been brought up in a way that tells them when to stop. If the police reinforce that belief through inaction then things are headed downhill.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Doorstep scam or fraud - JaneD - 07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
RE: Doorstep scam or fraud in HOP area - billham - 08-06-2008 12:23 PM
RE: Doorstep scam or fraud - admin - 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
RE: Doorstep scam or fraud - ohyeahkitten - 10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
RE: Doorstep scam or fraud - JaneD - 10-10-2008, 06:14 PM
RE: Doorstep scam or fraud - Kaz - 22-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Is this some sort of scam? - ohyeahkitten - 10-10-2008, 10:47 AM