SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Tall ladder needed
Dandare

16-10-2013 10:00 PM

Hi All, does anyone have a 4/5m long extension ladder which they wouldn't mind lending me for a day, so that I can gain access to my roof.

I am happy to leave you with a small deposit whilst I borrow it for peace of mind.

Would need to be in the Dartmouth/London road area.

Many thanks

Dan

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cellar Door

17-10-2013 09:11 AM

Hello Dandare,

I think that I have just the ladder you need. It is in my garage.

Some repair people from years ago left it by accident.

I can't remember who it was. Our house was being fixed up at the time. And there were umpteen dozen people in and out over a long period of time. The ladder is in very good condition. And it is as light as a feather. Quite a good one. I'm surprised that the person who left it never returned to get it back.

I'm on Woodcombe Crescent. Quite close to the Dartmouth/London Road area.

You can call me on 07581 629 269. I'm on a course today from 10:30 to 17:00 in central London.

Then, I'm hightailing it back to London's glittering Forest Hill to collect my new glasses. (I've finally reached that age where I will be the proud owner of varifocals. I'm outrageously excited for some reason?!)

So, if you want the ladder today, then maybe sometime after 18:30?

Otherwise, I'm around all weekend.

If you still have the need for this ladder, then please give me a buzz or text and we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. No need for a deposit. Who wouldn't trust Colonel Daniel McGregor Dare, chief pilot of the Interplanet Space Fleet?

Dandare

17-10-2013 07:55 PM

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your reply. This is the first time I have used the forum so I am delighted.

That's great that I can have access to it so quickly, I am not quite prepared actually. Would it be ok to contact you over the weekend and we can take it for there?

Hope the glasses turned out as expected and speak to you soon.

Regards

Dan

Cellar Door

18-10-2013 11:52 AM

Hello Dan,

I hope that all is well today.

Firstly, welcome to the forum. I should have noticed that it was your first post when I wrote my first reply to you.

Secondly, the glasses have turned out significantly much better than I could have imagined. I’ve only ever used the behemoth Opticians on Tottenham Court Road for the last 17 years called 20/20. They were taken over by Vision Express. I got a free eye examination as part of the take-over and went into the Vision Express store on Oxford Street to book an appointment and have a sniff around the range of spectacles.

Oh dear! It was the busiest Opticians I’ve ever been into. And they have loud music playing like in a discotec. And the phones in the store kept on ringing and ringing and…you get the picture. I pulled the lever to release the magical trapdoor to get me out of there.

Then, as I gloomily came home and went to Sainsburys I spotted the Opticians next to it on London Road. It was a haven of tranquillity in there. They certainly had customers in and out which was pleasing to see that it was well used. My eyesight test was one of the most thorough I’ve ever done in about 40 years of having my eyes tested.

I went for some frames by an English firm called Tom Davies. As I’ve got a funny shaped head with one ear sitting lower than the other after an accident, then these Tom Davies were perfect as they tailor made them for me. In Japan or Hong Kong or somewhere very exotic.

I love the varifocals. It is a sensory delight to move my head just slightly to find the “sweet spot” of perfect vision.

And finally, we are here to talk about the ups and downs of ladders. I don’t know why I was blathering on about glasses. Maybe my heightened excitement!

You can contact me anytime for the ladder. It is happily sitting in my garage having a rest. In the 3 years since it was left I think only one mate has ever used it. I’m keeping it just in case the owner ever presents themselves again. I wasn’t involved in the renovation of the property as the Landlady took care of all the trades people. I should mention it to her, come to think of it.

But before I go down that path, I’ll hold onto it for you to use.

In the meantime, Dan, I hope that you have a most pleasant Friday.

Cheers,

Rob

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tall ladder needed: SE23 muppet27 1 2,597 26-07-2012 04:22 PM
Last Post: IWereAbsolutelyFuming