SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Tesco Garage in Forest Hill and price of petrol
hertburs

30-09-2013 09:59 PM

For several months now, the Tesco Garage in London Rd Forest Hill near the Horniman has not been displaying the prices of petrol and diesel on their large sign on the forecourt. This means that motorists wanting to buy petrol are not able to find out the price that they will have to pay until they are actually at the pumps. I have asked them several times about this and I have been told that they are waiting to get this fixed. This garage is not normally that expensive, so why are they being so tardy in informing their customers or potential customers about how much they will have to pay? Lewisham Trading Standards say that this is not illegal as long as it is on the pump itself but at the very least this is poor customer relations.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IWereAbsolutelyFuming

01-10-2013 09:15 AM

Hadn't noticed the broken sign but to be fair to them their prices are about as good as you'll find. My dad drives for a living and always comments that the price there is good and makes a point of filling up when he comes to visit.

hertburs

01-10-2013 09:27 AM

I agree about their prices so why do they shoot themselves in the foot by not advertising it. My point is you should know what you are going to pay before you drive onto the forecourt. Come on Tesco - get a grip!

Snazy

01-10-2013 01:24 PM

Guess its one of those 'waiting on parts' repairs. But to me I would assume they had no petrol and drive on. Tis bad for their business, as im sure they are seeing.

rshdunlop

01-10-2013 01:45 PM

For what it's worth, Sainsburys at Bell Green is usually a penny or two cheaper (for diesel) that the Tesco Garage by the Horniman.

Cheeky

01-10-2013 02:59 PM

Cheapest Garage i've found is the Esso/Tesco Express Garage on Blackheath heading towards the Blackwall Tunnel.

Petrol for some reason is cheaper around these parts than pretty much any where in England as far as I can gather

Snazy

04-10-2013 03:52 PM

Similar location but cheapest by a few pence that I have noticed is Sainsburys Greenwich.

Although I did get an email the other day advising Sainsburys in Sydenham had just dropped to 129 for UL.

hertburs

04-10-2013 04:41 PM

My original point was not the actual price charged but the fact that they don't display it on their great big illuminated sign so it is very difficult to find out what they are charging unless you go right up to the pump to look.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fuel Spill at Tesco Garage? robwinton 4 5,587 12-10-2013 08:44 AM
Last Post: Cellar Door