SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lost wheel nut key
Cakefaced

24-09-2013 06:40 PM

Hello,

We have lost the wheel nut key for our car - it is in a plastic box. As it was in our glove compartment, we can only think that it must have fallen out onto the road. We live on Kilmorie Rd. Please let us know if you have seen it. We need to replace a tyre and, until sorted, I will have a lengthy and pricey train commute out of London.

Thank you

Katie

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

25-09-2013 02:59 PM

How frustrating. Sounds like it might be worth looking at getting a mechanic to remove and swap them all. If its lost, its better all around to put new ones on. Can be quite a tough process, or in some cases alarmingly simple.

Good luck sorting it out.

Cakefaced

25-09-2013 06:55 PM

Thank you for your advice. I'm going to try some mechanics tomorrow. We have a slightly unusual car, so even getting tyres takes planning. Fingers crossed that removing the wheel nuts will be a simple process!

Snazy

30-09-2013 02:51 PM

How did you get on, hope its sorted without too much fuss. Got me curious about what the car is now being that it is 'unusual' Confused

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields