SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Big Spiderwebs in The Capitol.
Cellar Door

25-09-2013 10:55 AM

billham wrote:
Maybe they are building the world wide web?

Yes!

That reminds me of my old favourite search engine in the mid 1990s

Les wrote:
I wonder if the Capitol ones and the garage one are related?

I was in there last night. With my telescope!

I did not have the courage, though, to stand there gawping at the big web. And potentially making a big pillock of myself.

Oh, the big web construct has got bigger!

My Pest Control mate was with me for a bit and he estimates that it is now 8 feet in length and expanding by width dramatically.

And another one of my long-term inmates of The Capitol reported that one of the spiders dropped down via its web last Saturday (that's about a 40 foot drop) and then hilariously got sucked out one of the side doors when somebody popped out for a ciggie into their beer garden.

So, Les, based on that then it is entirely possible that your daughter's adopted one in your garage may well share a bit of The Capitol's spider's DNA.

Applespider wrote:
I like spiders... amazing creatures to watch.

Totally agree.

Although, I still do get the heebie jeebies. And jump through the roof if some little bug hops on my skin when I'm looking at spiders. And I also feel like they are crawling on the back of my neck when there is nothing there.

And thank you very much Applespider for that Society of Biology link. I will study that a bit later today and start participating.

I'm quite sure we have something really interesting in SE23 to contribute to their database.

Thank you again.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Big Spiderwebs in The Capitol. - Les - 24-09-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: Big Spiderwebs in The Capitol. - Cellar Door - 25-09-2013 10:55 AM
RE: Big Spiderwebs in The Capitol. - Snazy - 25-09-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Big Spiderwebs in The Capitol. - Red67 - 26-09-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: Big Spiderwebs in The Capitol. - lacb - 26-09-2013, 02:48 PM