SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where did you live before you came to SE23?
Hamilly

01-10-2013 05:11 PM

Shuffled over from Gipsy Hill last year, where we had moved to back in 2005 from Herne Hill (where next Grange Hill?). Prior to that flat shared in East Dulwich as a singleton after escaping a couch that was my home for 6 months in Tower Hill. That takes me back to very beginning of 2000 when I headed south from Bonnie Scotland.

Forest Hill is great. My family love being so near such excellent swimming baths and library and the absolute gem that is the Horniman Museum and Gardens. It will be very interesting to see what becomes of Louise House in due course.

Our kids are not making use of the local schools as yet but we are very much enjoying the warm welcome we get from many shops on Dartmouth Road (Rob's Barbers, Laurel's Florists and Sugar Mountain to name but three).

It would be nice to see more uniform improvements to the Kirkdale area which is near where we live. The flurry of pop-ups has been great but some of the buildings and the general poor upkeep of some of the highways and byways detract from the great efforts being made by many round that neck of the woods.

As part of a young family I would recommend the area highly and I for one really feel it is on the up. Long may it continue!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Where did you live before you came to SE23? - Hamilly - 01-10-2013 05:11 PM