SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where did you live before you came to SE23?
SEN

29-09-2013 08:43 AM

Apologies for being bit late to this thread, great to see so many positive comments about SE23. Moved here over 20 years ago from home counties and never looked back. Two highlghts for me are having a friendly DVD rental shop (For Your eyes only) and another, which is stretching it a bit, but humour me - the Istanbul Mediterranean grocers at the bottom end of Sydenham Road - not much to look at outside, but is there anything foodie that shop doesn't stock? And now we have a Farmers market every Saturday I hear (at Hornimans).

What would I change? Pedestrianise Dartmouth Road at the Forest Hill end.

Someone mentioned it would be nice to have better secondary schools - bit of a hobby horse for me, so apologies for repeating what I said on others threads. I agree with Foresthillfan, our two locals - Forest Hill (boys) and Sydenham (girls) are great schools. They achieve above average results, above average for London - while still taking kids from the whole community, and, when you drill down into the detail, results are often very close to, and on some criteria better than, those achieved by selective schools. They need our appreciation and support for the great work they do.

This post was last modified: 29-09-2013 08:45 AM by SEN.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Where did you live before you came to SE23? - SEN - 29-09-2013 08:43 AM