SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where did you live before you came to SE23?
bluesuperted

17-09-2013 07:08 PM

Hi there, very interesting thread!

We recently moved to SE23 having lived in Peckham, ED, Bethnal Green, Streatham, Gloucester Rd, Kilburn, Hampstead and St John's Wood. So quite a range and mainly more expensive areas. However, I much prefer the vibe of SE London and would never move W, SW or N. I loved living in the East End in my 20s but it doesn't interest me now I've got two children. North London is ridiculously expensive and too busy and I agree that West London is just not as diverse or friendly. We have great friends who live near Richmond and while their house is lovely I never feel jealous that they get to live in that pocket of the city - much prefer ours!

I love FH and the sense of community and young families in the area, am really pleased with the schools too, pretty spoilt for choice as an area providing you aren't in a black hole (in HOP I believe). I love that we were able to *just* afford a nice house, which would have been out of reach in ED or Peckham/Nunhead - we lived in the latter borders until our move and I don't miss it at all, much prefer it up here. When we leave FH it will be to leave London - funnily enough I remember thinking that about ED but even with a lottery win, I'd now rather buy a big house near the Horniman than head back down Lordship Lane way.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Where did you live before you came to SE23? - bluesuperted - 17-09-2013 07:08 PM