SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where did you live before you came to SE23?
Belle

17-09-2013 03:58 PM

Hello, I have lived in north London (Tufnall Park), south London (Tooting) and west London (Turnham Green) and more locally East Dulwich (that's when I got to hear about the more economically viable Forest hill!).

Like others have said the grotty south circular lets Forest Hill down (as does Perry Vale in my opinion) but there are many plus points; burgeoning high street and creative scene, good primary schools, great community spirit, nice outdoor spaces (Horniman especially), excellent transport links and reasonable house prices (if you consider a 4 bed house at over half a million reasonable!) although they seem to be increasing all the time.

What FH really lacks is more shops (we have coffee bars galore!) and we could do with some more nice eateries and bars although Canvas & Cream, The Hill, The Dartmouth Arms and The Old Post Office are doing a good job on that front. Check out the Forest Hill Society and also http://www.see3.co.uk to see what exciting things are happening in FH.

So if I had a choice to live in SW or SE London I'd say SE because it's less about keeping up with the Jones and people seem friendlier - we know all our neighbours in one way or another. If money we're no object I have to be honest and say Dulwich village as you feel like your in the countryside (and I wish I lived in the countryside)!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Where did you live before you came to SE23? - Belle - 17-09-2013 03:58 PM