SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Very sad farewell to the Honor Oak Gallery
PJT

19-09-2013 03:38 PM

SAF – sorry to hear of your experience with the HOP Gallery, but I agree with Tinkerbell, why did you not take it back and at least discuss it with John? John is an absolute gentleman and I’m sure he would have found a way to rectify what you believe was an error on his part.

I find it so difficult to believe though, as this so differs from my own experience of the past 15 years of using the Gallery. One of the items I took in for framing was an A5 Tour Flier of my lifelong favourite US Rock band, which in my excitement at managing to get my hands on the flier (backstage!), I stuffed into my handbag. Needless to say when I got home it was well and truly crumpled.
Somehow John worked his magic and I was astounded when I collected it – you would need to examine it under a microscope to find any evidence of even the slightest crease – and believe me it was seriously creased, horizontally and vertically, after lying in my handbag being bashed about for a couple of hours!

There are 4 items in my collection which I had framed before coming to live in HOP – I had John reframe them for me as his standard and care of work far exceeded the workmanship of the obscenely expensive company I had used in the City! John took the same care with that A5 flier as he did with the many other large pictures and prints I've had framed by him over the years.

Such a shame you didn’t take it back as I’m certain something could have been done especially as it continues to niggle you.

The departure of John Broad and his lovely Honor Oak Park Gallery is an immense loss to all of us in HOP and those of us in particular who live on the Street.

Find all posts by this user

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Very sad farewell to the Honor Oak Gallery - PJT - 19-09-2013 03:38 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  52 Honor Oak Park (ex Honor Oak Gallery) daveherne 21 24,112 27-10-2014 12:33 AM
Last Post: lacb