SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Tube pricing
Baboonery

10-06-2008 10:34 AM

Loads of posters in tube stations, adverts in the regional press (I saw one in the Liverpool Echo last time I was home), every ticket office person there is...

None of which would have helped you, who just wanted to travel for nothing despite not having your ticket.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nevermodern

10-06-2008 10:36 AM

My brother came to London and I just went in a newsagent and bought a pay-as-you-go Oyster card with a couple of quid charged up on it. It didn't seem that tricky.

Different places in different countries have all sorts of different ways of pricing and running their ticketing systems. They all need to be 'learnt'.

nevermodern

10-06-2008 10:39 AM

Oh, and it's an easy response for a reason!

jon14

12-06-2008 04:15 PM

nevermodern wrote:
My brother came to London and I just went in a newsagent and bought a pay-as-you-go Oyster card with a couple of quid charged up on it. It didn't seem that tricky.

It was my understanding that getting an Oyster card required you to register and pay a ?3 deposit for the card. I didn't realise that you could just get a card and put ?2 on it.

Unless you had to put ?3 down for it?

nevermodern

12-06-2008 04:49 PM

Paid a three quid deposit, didn't need to register. The card's there now whenever I have visitors to London Smile

You only need to fill in a form when you get monthlies and so on. The same way as you have to with paper tickets, I think - and that's so you can get a new one if you lose it, without paying again.

Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields