SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Today's traffic...
Mr_Numbers

10-09-2013 06:53 AM

... is so bad, it's made it onto the local BBC TV news. Any idea why? The South Circ was absolutely rammed as early as 7.15.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr_Numbers

10-09-2013 07:01 AM

Faulty traffic lights at Honor Oak Road, apparently. Cased solved. Problem, not solved.

gbrownings

10-09-2013 08:28 AM

It is a dire junction even when the lights are operating.

On average I reckon about three cars (or cyclists) go through the lights on red from all directions, making it extremely dangerous as well. I dont think the light sequencing is correct and wrote to Transport for London earlier in the year raising my concerns.

They claim they adjusted the lights and would continue to look at other ways of improving the traffic flow and safety at the junction. Not seen much evidence of it though.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

10-09-2013 10:49 AM

The faulty lights were actually the ones for the crossing just beyond the main London Road/Honor Oak Road lights. The second time in as many weeks that they've jammed on red and cause major traffic chaos.

Mr_Numbers

10-09-2013 11:05 AM

It's always struck me as an odd place for a pelican crossing - barely fifty feet beyond the junction.

Snazy

10-09-2013 11:59 AM

Stupid crossing for sure by a horrible junction. The traffic coming from Honor Oak Rd is terrible for jumping the red after waiting for so long. The traffic from the flats often ignores the lights totally.
The timing is also poor too with the phasing between Honor Oak red and London Road's green being way too close based on the lights positions.

If the crossing is going to remain it should either be controlled by the main lights, or the lights for traffic travelling up London Road should be moved back before the corner.

As for the lights being out, I saw it on Twitter this morning and that an engineer had been dispatched. Only takes one bad light for FH to grind to a halt.

shzl400

11-09-2013 07:51 PM

I was stuck in a P4 bus in all that. The word on the bus was that it had been compunded by a motorcycle accident as well.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields