SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Workers in Tapatiserie
Cheeky

03-09-2013 09:52 AM

Looks like it's changing again, fingers crossed whatever it is becoming has a nice feel, looks promising at the mo

Anyone know what it is going to be? I think it's called 'Donde'

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ruddiger

03-09-2013 10:08 AM

I noticed a new sign on the bar side of it this morning - it does indeed seem to be called 'Donde'. Sign looks very good IMHO - tiling looks good as well. Looking like a very nice design job from what I've seen so far!

Duckling

03-09-2013 11:31 AM

Twitter says:

Honor Oak Park ?@honoroakpark 31 Aug
@tapatisserie #honoroakpark closing for renovation 1st Sept plan to reopen on Friday 6th.

fazmandcc

04-09-2013 07:33 AM

Certainly looks like a big improvement on their last refit and rebrand - never seemed like the place was finished and rebrand was just plain odd. Hope they add some much needed warmth to the place, style of new signage and name bodes well thou.

Really like the food and adds a much needed option on high street so hope they do a good job - definitely got the market to be hugely popular with little direct competition.

mrwandle

04-09-2013 09:03 AM

One half is going to be more of a bar, the other half more of a restaurant. A bit like before but more defined. Looking forward to the re-opening.

fazmandcc

04-09-2013 09:43 AM

I'm worried! Would have been great opportunity to set your stall out and turn it into a superb restaurant. Always seemed to be a bit unsure of identity. Maybe just me but don't t much like two tone places.

Still, not finished so should just wait and see - I ll be going anyways!

mrwandle

04-09-2013 10:52 AM

Just what I was told so might be wrong.

Codrington Brill

04-09-2013 07:23 PM

The shutter art doesn't quite work for me. I like good street art but its a bit too similar to graffiti. Looks a bit like the front of a student union.

Codrington Brill

04-09-2013 07:27 PM

Thinking about it more, I agree that this place has identity issues. The name and decor is connected to the tapas, which is obviously the best thing about it, but many people just want to drink. You can see why the owner might want the two elements separated.

robbrockley

05-09-2013 10:25 PM

Just needs to serve good food - unlike its previous two incarnations. Style is good but needs considerable substance.

Bcm

05-09-2013 10:51 PM

Food has always been good, and good value in my opinion.

chris23

06-09-2013 10:27 AM

I have always referred to the place as Tapastrophy.
It needs two things:
1. A good extractor fan - I always smell of grease when I leave
2. Better lighting in the bar area or even clean & light decor

Agree art on shutters is too 'street' not really in keeping.

Great food though and will return keen to support local business.

tinyem

09-09-2013 10:23 AM

Looking forward to it re-opening. I think its great that the owner is contstantly making changes, he is obviously interested in the high street and making sure that us local people have somewhere nice to visit and have good beer and wine. I checked that they will still be doing potatas bravas, which for me are the best I've found!!

OakR

09-09-2013 11:44 AM

Good to hear people are saying the food is good - I've not eaten there in a while but did not find the food good when we did (that was when they first opened though). Will give it another go.

Convenient for a drink however and staff seemed good.

lacb

09-09-2013 11:48 AM

OakR, you are not alone. I was not impressed at all with their food but that was some time ago. Perhaps it has improved.

Am quite happy to have a drink there though.

oryx

10-09-2013 02:36 PM

The food has improved a lot from around the time it first opened. I really like the place - the wine is decent as well and the service always friendly.

I think this is the fourth revamp since I've lived here, though! And I'm not sure name changes every two years is a good idea.......!

Having said that, I'm looking forward to trying the new-look version.

Pico
No longer registered

11-09-2013 09:55 AM

I hope the guys have been inspired by Canvas & Cream. I have Sunday lunch every other week at C&C because the service is great and the food tastes fantastic. The interior has been thoughtfully put together so all in all it's a great experience. Donde has a captive audience in Honor Oak and a great opportunity to make a new start with the increased footfall from Sainsbury's.

I hope they focus on good quality food, a varied menu not always about drenching carbs in oil and invest in a decent chef. I have always found the food to be rather average in past visits.
Hopefully the service will be sharpened up so it is quick and friendly. The guys are nice but lacking in focus at times.

I want Donde to be a success because it's on my doorstep. If I am going to part with some cash for a restaurant meal it has to be worth it! Make it a special!

Sparkles

12-09-2013 08:52 AM

We went for dinner at Donde (the shiny new name for Tapatisserie) last night. Food was great, service very friendly, and the decor while not quite finished is much improved. Well done to Jason, the owner, for being bold enough to make a change and to turn it around so quickly!

Cheeky

12-09-2013 09:53 AM

Looks like a definite improvement, well done, it needed a change, I hadn't been in for a long time and didn't intend to go back but will give it another go now for sure.

Not sure it needs that "A place to share" line though (in my opinion)

This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 09:54 AM by Cheeky.

lacb

12-09-2013 10:22 AM

Agreed, certainly an improvement.

Well, the "place to share" is also used on other promo material. Was impressed with postcard:
https://twitter.com/honoroakpark/status/...3270398976

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields