SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Workers in Tapatiserie
Cheeky

26-09-2013 12:28 PM

Just to say I went in to Donde yesterday to have a drink and some Tapas

The whole place is much improved, better atmosphere and the food we had was of a great standard

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pico
No longer registered

26-09-2013 10:00 PM

I tried it out with my partner.
They have a done a good job with the refurb. It's modern, spacious and warm.
Unfortunately the food is the same as always. For me it's below average. It's dull and bit over priced for what it is. I would be happy to pay more if a proper chef was employed and menu improved.
Looking at the way the space has been used it feels more like a drinking spot rather than a restaurant. The food feels like a secondary concern to the social drinking atmosphere.
The service was ok. The guys are friendly but lack focus. Keep an eye on your tables lads!
Overall it's an improvement. I might be tempted to see how their coffee is in the afternoon. It's a good spot for a social catch up but not first date venue material!

Tenbybelle

27-09-2013 07:56 AM

I get the sense that they are offering a place to meet with wine etc and with food as a side rather than the full blown restaurant experience and think it probably a canny plan for the parade.

When I popped in they seemed to be going it pretty well. The refurbishment must have cost a bit so I for one hope things work out well for them.

tinyem

27-09-2013 08:43 AM

Its never been and never will be somewhere that you take someone on a first date so I think it is a little silly to compare it to this, this is not the market they are aiming for. It is however a great place to catch up with friends.

I disagree about the negative food comments, I think the food is very good, but everyone has different tastes. It is comparable to some top spanish restaurants in town who charge considerably more.

We popped in on a Monday night and were very pleased to see it busy and with a good vibe. The blonde waitress needs to buck her ideas up or move on (I prefer to receive service with a smile). They usually hire lovely staff so hopefully next time I pop in I will get one that is friendly. It wouldn't stop me going back but it did blow her tip.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields