SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Fox/bin troubles
GazS

25-09-2013 02:05 PM

Hi, I live on Devonshire Road and for the past two years we've had a big problem with foxes emptying the contents of the blue Lewisham bins on to the path, road and gardens.

Have had to clear up litter, takeaways and even dirty nappies. Not nice.

Have been on to Lewisham Council several times about this, but the answer is always the same - the bins cannot be moved or replaced. I've also spoken to the road cleaners that have to clear the rubbish up on a daily basis, and they're confused as well.

Surely, we should be using pest-proof bins like the rest of London?

Anybody else noticed this problem? Is there any solution (without hurting the foxes, or course)?

Thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pico
No longer registered

25-09-2013 11:24 PM

Ahhhh I have a litter picking friend Smile

I regularly pick up litter at that spot due to the foxes getting into all the bins. Lewisham council is a notoriously slow and disorganised borough authority to deal with. I guess we could organise and see about getting one of those bin's with a lid on and a little postal hole to place rubbish in? How can it be so difficult to get the right bin for the environmental conditions?

I guess one angle to work on is the human excrement one? It's a health and safety issue?

What do you think?

This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 11:24 PM by Pico.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BT internet troubles in Honor Oak? mrfrost 0 1,294 02-12-2022 06:36 PM
Last Post: mrfrost