SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone peeked into the new HOP Sainsburys?
squashst

13-09-2013 05:18 PM

Overall, not bad at all. At the end of the day it is a local store so cannot have the range of a larger store (or the quality of a top notch deli/ Butchery etc). But I got most of the things I wanted, though it would not be my first choice for meat etc. Its better than the CoOps, perhaps a little less variety than the Budgeons (but that is now a relative hike) or the JS at FHill.
Two thoughts:
- given the local catchment area and the fact there is no other chain local within 5 mins (go to some parades, and you have a Tesco and a JS in a couple of hundred yards of each other) they are going to have a fast turnover (which probably means daily delivery)
- I agree that other local conveniance shops can find niches. I thought the selection of cooking sauces / ethnic cusines at the new JS relatively limited (see my comment re its only a Local).
Cash free ATM definitely a bonus. Be interesting to see if it raises footfall elsewhere in parade.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Anyone peeked into the new HOP Sainsburys? - squashst - 13-09-2013 05:18 PM