SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Anyone peeked into the new HOP Sainsburys?
Pico
No longer registered

28-09-2013 11:42 AM

Love the new Sainsbury's. I ended up giving the local supermarket shop a bit of trade though because Sainsbury's had no sparkling water and their plum tomatoes were outrageously overpriced. A nice bonus for the family supermarket across the road is that the free Sainsbury's cash point makes it easier for me to throw a bit of trade their way every now and then. I hope it all settles down and everyone makes money from the situation.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
star

29-09-2013 06:57 PM

I still think it is great. Agree that they quickly run out of bread etc, but they will take a bit of time to work out what we want (and it is a good excuse to buy bread from the deli!!!). I am spending more time on the high street now that
I can pop down to Sainsburys. Much more being bought locally (loser so far is online food shopping rather than local shops).

Still would like much more fresh meat including organic. Fingers crossed!

ringingcod

30-09-2013 09:26 AM

Sainsbury's know more about us than we do so they'll stop running out once sales patterns are established. I've seen some Nectar card data analysis - it's absolutely frightening.

Sparkles

30-09-2013 11:18 AM

Another vote for better meats, particularly free-range chicken breast and whole chicken.

As we're sadly lacking an HOP gastropub, it'd be great to be able to buy all the ingredients for a delicious Sunday roast on the parade.

Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields