SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
TfL survey - Going cashless on buses
Tim Lund

03-02-2014 04:39 PM

I've little doubt that the two main factors for TfL are (1) saving money, and (2) preventing their drivers being a target, which is inevitable if they are known to be having to carry cash with them. I suspect also, that if drivers are no longer an obvious target, buses in general will become even safer, and more welcoming.

Against these considerations, should TfL management defer to the responses from a consultation exercise? Is it possible that TfL management understand their business better than the wider public, many of whom will not actually be bus users?

Michael reasonably asks why, if they weren't going to be bound by it, they bothered in the first place, to which I can suggest (1) it may still have generated useful information for them, over and above more focused customer research they did, and (2) they may have been obliged to conduct such an exercise, being a publicly owned company.

This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 04:43 PM by Tim Lund.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: TfL survey - Going cashless on buses - Tim Lund - 03-02-2014 04:39 PM