SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Roads around Honor Oak Park (Cannonbie in particular)
robbie t

13-08-2013 09:59 AM

Hello all,

we live on Cannonbie Road and are appalled by the road and pavement surfaces. Im sure this has been raised before but couldnt find any other posts.

Does anyone know if Lewisham Council has any plans for this road and others in the area? Quite frankly we've got relatives visiting from Australia and its embarrassing. I tried to find out something on the Council website and enquire but no response yet. I know its a time of cut-backs but I think Cannobie is possibly the worst road Ive seen in England. I'll probably write a letter to the local MP but was wonding if anyone knew of any plans in the pipeline from the Council?

thanks & regards

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

13-08-2013 11:11 AM

Make sure all defects are logged on http://www.lovelewisham.org/Reports
Here's one of mine: http://www.lovelewisham.org/Reports/Repo...6e9b9c5351

robbie t

13-08-2013 12:32 PM

problem is, its not really potholes and defects thats the problem...the whole road needs resurfacing.

michael

13-08-2013 01:04 PM

Lewisham did arrange for the top of Westwood Park to be resurfaced last month. The road was falling apart with water springs in the roadway, so it is possible that Canonbie is due similar treatment.

Perhaps you could photograph the sections you believe need to be addressed and send an email to highways@lewisham.gov.uk and copy in your local councillors: cllr_anne.affiku@lewisham.gov.uk, cllr_alex.feakes@lewisham.gov.uk, cllr_philip.peake@lewisham.gov.uk
to find out when they plan to address the state of the road.

robbie t

13-08-2013 01:15 PM

thats fantastic thanks Michael

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

14-08-2013 01:05 PM

I've replaced my bike with a tractor so I can safely negotiate Taymount Rise.

Sadly I think the road budgets have been severely hit so resurfacing will be a rare thing for a while I think. I'm waiting for the bill from my bike mechanic before deciding how much to charge each of the London Boroughs I ride/bounce through.

michael

14-08-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:
I've replaced my bike with a tractor so I can safely negotiate Taymount Rise.

I think that might be part of the problem. All these cyclists driving their tractors up and down the road. But at least I can hear them coming when I walk in the middle of the road.

More seriously I think it is because when they fill the pot holes they do such a bad job on a tiny area that the new tarmac disappears after a few months.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

14-08-2013 02:00 PM

It's never been great on Taymount Rise but it got considerably worse with the building of the 'new' flats at the top of the hill. They had a stream of 38 tonne artics and other heavy goods vehicles delivering over a number of wet months.

I've tried photographing all the problem spots to put on LoveLewisham but my memory card ran out of space...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields