SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Street drinkers outside Paddy Power
Sammy

07-08-2013 08:58 PM

Hello, I am increasingly concerned about the behaviour of the drinkers outside Paddy Power. There is one in particular who harrasses passers by and is getting more and more aggressive, already we have seen him start two fights in the last week and the other day my partner saw him follow then harass a woman. My partner was about to step in when one of the other drinkers pulled the guy away and up the street. I have complained to the neighbourhood police, they claim they are dealing with it but we never see any police around there and as we are both freelance and around during the day a lot, if the police were dealing with it we would have noted it. I also contacted our local councillors and did not even get a reply. I am now planning to write to the local MP so if anyone has witnessed incidents or had issues with the drinkers can you please post them and I can include it in the letter. Cheers

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gbrownings

07-08-2013 09:07 PM

Good luck. That whole area needs cleaning up. The manager of Paddy Power needs to accept some responsibility too. The area outside their shop is a tip thanks largely to their 'clients'. Cigarette ends, beer cans etc all over the place. It is disgusting. I hold my breath when I walk past.

mgmonkey

08-08-2013 08:25 AM
Sammy

08-08-2013 08:41 AM

The guy we see is often dressed as though he works for the council, in a high vis vetst ect... He is always smashed drunk and already two of the drinkers have given him a punch. I now avoid walking that side of the street!

michael

08-08-2013 10:16 AM

Keep passing on details to the Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
Email: ForestHill.SNT@met.police.uk
Tel: 02087212723

They need evidence if there is anything they can be expected to do. Now that we all have cameras on phones, any anti-social behaviour can easily be recorded and passed on to the police.

Sammy

08-08-2013 10:49 AM

I have offered to show pictures and no one came back to me. If they need evidence why don't they walk down there? Here's a story, when one of the drinkers punched the high vis bloke we watched as high vis flagged a police car down and told them what happened and the police rolled their window up and drove off! Also I have been told that when community officers do walk down Dartmouth Road they do so on the opposite side of the street to avoid having to interact with the Paddy Power crew. Yesterday I watched as several drinkers passed around bottles of JD and coke, they were having a party that lasted at least four hours. So surely in that time someone in uniform would have passed by. The fact is the police are not interested until there is enough community noise to force them to be interested!

michael

08-08-2013 11:22 AM

Which is why we need to keep on reporting all such incidents and I will bring up this situation when I attend the next Safer Neighbourhoods Team Ward Panel (which I think will be next month).

Forest Hill SNT

09-08-2013 05:49 PM

Forest Hill SNT are very much aware of the street drinkers outside Paddy Power on Dartmouth Road and you can be assured that they are stopped and dealt with every time they are seen to be acting in an anti social manner or drinking alcohol in a public place.
The PCSO's deal with them on a regular basis and the area is patrolled every time the team are on duty.
The team have recieved no phone calls or e-mails regarding photographs members of the public have, but if anyone would like to send photos or speak to us the team would be more than happy to speak to anyone.

We can be contacted on:

Tel: 0208 721 2723
Email: ForestHill.SNT@met.police.uk

Forest Hill Safer Neighbourhood Team
content.met.police.uk/Team/Lewisham/Foresthill
Sammy

09-08-2013 06:30 PM

I sent an email outlining issues, cc'ing in councillors and the Portas Pilot team last month. I received a reply from the SNT so I know that the team have a complaint on file.

michael

13-02-2014 02:57 PM

We had a Safer Neighbourhoods Team panel meeting last night. We discussed this topic at length, not that it is a problem in winter time, but we know that come the summer they will be out again.

Paddy Power is part of the problem as they are very happy for anybody to pop-in and waste a few coins on the fruit machines to avoid the police when they come along.

Police are handing out dispersal orders which prevent street drinkers returning to the area for up to 48 hours (or face a hefty fine). Those who are repeatedly caught drinking in the street and intimidating others can be served with ASBOs which would provide a longer term solution.

There are only a few street drinkers in the area and most mind their own business, so letting the police know when there is a problem should have some impact.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Shouting, intimidating man outside Paddy Power Dartmouth Road 38 33,036 27-07-2015 10:38 PM
Last Post: CrustyRack
  Street drinkers in Forest Hill town centre nottinghillbilly 10 12,976 29-08-2014 07:51 AM
Last Post: michael
  Advertising hoarding outside Paddy Power - not a good advertisement gbrownings 24 23,350 03-11-2013 07:51 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Incident at Paddy Power? Baytree 0 3,902 20-03-2012 09:47 AM
Last Post: Baytree