SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Black cat visiting Ballina Street
nitoda

11-07-2013 07:10 AM

There is a black cat who visits us from time to time. His condition varies - sometimes he's seemed starving, other times sleek and well fed. He winds himself round my legs when I'm trying to hang my washing on the line and can be a nuisance. He's turned up this morning with a nasty problem at the root of his tail - dunno if it's been bitten or if it's mange or what. Another local cat is missing and what with stories of foxes attacking cats not so far away in Catford it makes me wonder.
Does anybody know who owns this cat?
Only I think he needs a vet's attention soon!
If I can't find the owner I will ring RSPCA.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nitoda

11-07-2013 11:32 AM

Ok, I thought about it and then rang the RSPCA. They have collected him and taken him to a vet for treatment. The officer thought it was just mange, not a bite, so that's probably good news. If no owner is found I think there's a danger I might have to adopt him, though he's semi-feral and would probably live outside. I said I wouldn't have another cat when Dani died ... I gave away all the cat paraphernalia ... But I wouldn't want him to be put down.

Sparkles

18-07-2013 03:35 PM

Hi there, I've just had a poster through the door from a family looking for their 10-year-old black cat. Apparently it has some missing teeth and a bad tail at the base. Sounds just like the one you've been looking after.

I'll call the number and suggest they contact you through the forum. Hope it all works out ok!

firkinboo

29-07-2013 09:20 PM

A black cat was in Woolstone Road tonight, never seen it before, could be the one you are talking about? Long hair, quite tall, very friendly, base of tail seemed narrower than rest - looked like maybe it had been damaged and then the hair has grown back, green collar but tag missing. Worried about it but we have a very timid girl cat of our own so couldn't take her/him in.

Sparkles

05-08-2013 02:52 PM

Just wanted to give this a little bump as I had a text yesterday from the cat's owner. They were very keen to find out which vet surgery their cat had been taken to.

Nitoda - are you out there? It'd be lovely to reunite this lost feline with its owner. Have sent you a PM too.

nitoda

05-08-2013 03:11 PM

The cat I observed was taken away by the RSPCA for veterinary treatment. He had no microchip, and they assessed him as semi-feral. I passed on the contact numbers on the paper that came through my door, and I haven't heard any more from the RSPCA person since then. They were planning to contact the people, I'm sure.
They won't have re-homed him to anyone else, as they were asking me if I would take him on as an outside cat and I said I would, if his owner couldn't be traced.
Sadly there is no way of directly contacting the RSPCA officer, I have to wait until she rings me.
If the family are still looking for their cat they need to contact the RSPCA on their general welfare number and tell them they think their cat may be with them.
0300 1234 999 should get them.

Sparkles

05-08-2013 03:54 PM

Thank you! Just in case the person who contacted me doesn't see this thread (although obviously I've told them about it), I'll send them a text about the RSPCA number.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields