SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
FSA Hygiene Ratings: Honor Oak Park and Forest Hill winners and losers
P1971

01-08-2013 09:08 PM

I feel this thread could be very damaging to local businesses when the only information you get on the FSA is the rating. not what is actually said in the report. I only saw this post this morning but made a point to bring my Food Hygiene Rating report home tonight to share it with you all. I'm hoping that this will make everyone understand that being given a rating of 1 doesn't actually mean your food hygiene is poor. There is quite a lot of criteria to meet.
I had my one and only inspection carried out in August last year.
On one page I have this information
General Food Regulations 2004 Article 18 product tracability system in place
Yes box ticked
Provision and Maintenance of facilities
20 boxes to tick
4 non applicable
13 yes box ticked
3 no box ticked, I'll explain these after
Food Hygiene
3 non applicable
5 other yes box tick

Written report read

Routine inspection carried out on new business

I was pleased to note the following
Good standard of cleaning and sanitiser available
Sweets covered and clean containers
Good practice

Action required
Written food safety management procedures and record
Hot water provision
Provision of light in WC

I got a rating of 2 not 5 due to the 3 Actions Required, but in a year no one has checked to see if I have put them in place.

Written procedures etc.
I open and close the shop, my staff start after ! open and finish before I close hence why I didn't write them down.

Hot water provision
When I first opened I didn't have hot running water, but I do now. Before I boiled a kettle to wash floors etc.

Provision of light in WC
My lightbulb went that day, but as I was the only person working in the shop that day and I would be the only one using the toilet it wasn't a priority on my list. I'd just put a bulb in the following morning.

I hope this information is of help, and if anyone wants to look at my inspection report I'm more than happy to show it.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: FSA Hygiene Ratings: HOP and FC winners and losers - P1971 - 01-08-2013 09:08 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Co-working near Honor Oak Park/Brockley/Forest Hill? BarCar 1 7,356 24-09-2019 10:35 PM
Last Post: OneJP