SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
FSA Hygiene Ratings: Honor Oak Park and Forest Hill winners and losers
Cheeky

29-07-2013 09:49 AM

I don't quite see how anyone can suggest there is no useful purpose to this thread, I would have thought that hygiene in local food outlets is a top priority for everyone reading this forum.

Perhaps those establishments much lauded by folks on here that did not score 5 should explain to their customers if concerned why they recieved such low marks. I don't see people screaming in defence of a chinese takeaway that scored 3 or singing the praises of a greasy spoon that scored 5 (Both of which i've noticed whilst walking around the area). If it's got a low score, it's got a low score for a reason.

It seems pretty clear on the FSA Website how the marks are arrived at:

'A food safety officer inspects a business to check that it meets the requirements of food hygiene law. The officer is from the local authority where the business is located.

At the inspection, the officer will check:

-How hygienically the food is handled, how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored

-The condition of the structure of the buildings, the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities

-How the business manages what it does to make sure food is safe and so that the officer can be confident standards will be maintained in the future

Each of these three elements is essential for making sure that food hygiene standards meet requirements and the food served or sold to you is safe to eat.

The hygiene standards found at the time of inspection are then rated on a scale. At the bottom of the scale is 0; this means urgent improvement is required. At the top of the scale is 5; this means the hygiene standards are very good.

If the top rating is not given, the officer will explain to the person who owns or manages the business what improvements need to be made and what action they can take to improve their hygiene rating.'

This post was last modified: 29-07-2013 09:56 AM by Cheeky.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: FSA Hygiene Ratings: HOP and FC winners and losers - Cheeky - 29-07-2013 09:49 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Co-working near Honor Oak Park/Brockley/Forest Hill? BarCar 1 7,354 24-09-2019 10:35 PM
Last Post: OneJP