SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Your views called for on crime and anti-social behaviour on London buses
Johnc

24-10-2007 01:16 PM

Afraid I have to concur with Hilltop on this one. Barcelona is a great city to visit, but it is one of only 2 places on the planet where I have been pickpocketed.

On the general subject of antisocial behaviour on buses, a lot depends on what you consider anti-social behaviour. Is overload headphones, annoying ringtones, screaming and shouting, or the more mundane such sitting on the outside seat and being shocked at being asked to allow someone to sit down on the inside.

I travel on buses all the time, adn what I do is to try and get a few little victories of my own. For example, if i'm sitting on the inside and ask the person on the outside to excuse me. If they just remain seated and slovenly swing their legs out of the way in the expectation of me squeezing past, I always do so but somehow manage to knock into them, preferably with my rucksack. I always apologise with a smile which makes the victory that much sweeter. I suspect i'm rather sad. The worse thing to do is confrontation.

Also it needs to be remembered that the concept of a teenagers in society are a reasonably recent invention. My parents were only 14 when they started work in the 40's and so did the majority of their generation. Kids were to busy working to have the time on their hands to cause trouble

I blame the teddy boys

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Your views called for on crime and anti-social behaviour on London buses - Johnc - 24-10-2007 01:16 PM