SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Honor Oak Park Residents Open Meeting
HOPcat

15-07-2013 06:03 PM

Our next Open Meeting is this Wednesday, 17 July, 8pm at the Ackroyd Centre's Small Hall, Ackroyd Road, SE23. You don't have to be a HOPRA member to attend - just as long as you live in the Honor Oak Park area. Come and talk over neighbourhood issues such as the state of the roads, making the neighbourhood look better, the lifts at the station and the latest planning proposals (wanted or otherwise!) and join us for a raffle, glass of wine and nibbles after the official meeting ends at 9.15pm.
We are still only charging an amazing £5 per household per annum to join, so please speak to us at the meeting if you would like to be an official part of HOPRA.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sparkles

18-07-2013 10:25 AM

Unfortunately we missed last night's HOPRA meeting. Is there any chance some of the key points could be shared on here please? Thank you!

HOPcat

18-07-2013 10:41 AM

Thanks for your interest, Sparkles. Key points from the meeting were:
Concern about traffic problems caused by the Ladywell Road closures and new that they were expected to last through September. MOre information on council;s web page.
Disappointment with Forest Hill baths: new pool not full size and deep end only 6ft 2ins. Sense of a missed opportunity.
14A Gabriel Street (corner of Wyleu Street) major extension: residents signed a letter of complaint to go to Sir Steve Bullock about the way in which the planning process was handled. Residents consider the development ugly, intrusive, and probably in breach of Lewisham's own policies.
Flats/Tesco proposal top of Sevenoaks Road: still going through the appeals process, but site now being used as a dump.
Catford regeneration: Town Hall is being knocked down and the Milford Towers flats are to be demolished, also.
Parking survey: On CPZs, council is sticking to £120 a year but has agreed that new ones can be tailored to local requirements such as only operating for a couple of hours in the day. Surrounding areas to a proposed CPZ are to be consulted in future. Fee of £30 a year for low emission cars in Tax bands A or B. Carers no longer to have to pay in CPZs. More free visitors permits to be given out. Details on council's website.

Sparkles

18-07-2013 03:40 PM

Thank you!

Tersie

05-08-2013 10:27 AM

Just a note on 14a Wyleu. I live right by this development. In fact I overlook it. I think it is a well thought out with high quality materials used. What I find way more offensive is the extension to the back of 12 Gabriel Street with it's UPVC door. UPVC cladding and cheap looking covering on the roof. Just my personal opinion.

HOPcat

06-08-2013 09:48 AM

I agree with you about 12A. It appeared out of the blue and had we known in time, we would have asked for better quality materials.
For myself, I don't dispute that good quality materials have been used for 14A Wyleu Street and I'm glad that you, at least, don't find it intrusive. However, I really can't see it as complementing the rest of its immediate neighbourhood, and it is effectively a new building rather than an extension.
HOPRA is concerned that this will mark the start of an influx of people who will then dig out basements or build other intrusive add-ons, causing years of disruption for neighbours here and changing the character of the streets in a messy and unco-ordinated way. A lot of this is now happening in Clapham, for example, and North London is full of stories of neighbourhoods undergoing years of turmoil and uncontrolled alteration to local streetscapes.

Tersie

06-08-2013 10:17 AM

I also know 12a did not even have planning, they put in retrospective planning. The development is awful and poor in quality. On the other hand I would rather overlook the lovely grass roof and design of the 14a development. The couple who live there are award winning architects http://www.fra-her.com/ personally I think their project work looks great.

HOPcat I do agree that future local developments need to be challenged if not suitable, this should be done so on a case by case basis.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HOPRA's Final Open meeting 21 October HOPcat 0 2,771 14-10-2015 09:05 AM
Last Post: HOPcat
  Thu 10/9/15 7pm: Practical Action SE London Group Open Meeting admin 0 3,362 30-08-2015 07:32 PM
Last Post: admin
  Hopra Open Meeting 22 April HOPcat 0 2,890 14-04-2015 05:15 PM
  Honor Oak Park Residents Association HOPcat 0 2,973 17-07-2014 04:42 PM
  Honor Oak Park Residents Association - Open Meeting Wed 16 April 2014 admin 0 3,872 11-04-2014 09:12 AM
Last Post: admin
  Honor Oak Park residents association/group? EleanorA 4 7,393 04-04-2011 10:02 AM
Last Post: Tim Lund
  Warning to Residents on Honor Oak Road malcs 8 11,958 10-08-2010 07:58 AM
Last Post: Merlin