SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Hello SE23 - Goodbye SE23
Newrez

03-07-2013 06:32 PM

I joined this forum as we were going to be moving into the area and wanted to learn as much as we could. We also spent time in the area: restaurants; Devonshire Road nature reserve; One Tree Hill; even bought some art at the recent open house artists events. The house we were going to buy, however, became more and more problematic as we discovered a history of Japanese knotweed; a mysterious flow of water through the garden requiring siphons and electric pumps; a rat infestation ....... We love the area but seems it's not to be. We've been gazumped now anyway. A painful and expensive experience. Caveat Emptor.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
daveherne

03-07-2013 07:45 PM

there will be other houses, don't give up, took us a while to find one and we have spent 10 months doing it up and still not done but still great to be in HOP! I remember we looked at a house in ewelme road with knotweed but as long as there as a plan in place it is ok with bank, guess depends how much you want the house!

Anotherjohn

04-07-2013 08:56 PM

I really sympathise with you Newrez. House hunting can kick you in the nuts sometimes but, as DaveHerne says, don't give up! Dust yourself down and chill out for a while and let's hope your 'goodbye' is really only a 'see ya later'. I hope things turn out well for you in the end.

HOPcat

15-07-2013 05:09 PM

Don't give up. I also lost my first-choice house, at the last minute, but out of the blue, a second house came up via friends which proved to be both cheaper and even better than my first choice. What's the betting that you'll soon get a post from someone moving out who would love to have someone as keen as you moving in?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields