SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking
JulietP

12-07-2013 09:01 AM

I didn't say I had any problem with the way the staff acted: I am assuming, ciaranm, from your detailed knowledge of the specific circumstances that you are a member of Dartmouth Arms staff or posting on their behalf.

As I said originally, the signs outside are not clear: they merely say that parking is free for registered customers, they do not say what one has to do to become registered. All I asked for was a reasonably prominent sign in the pub saying something along the lines of: "Have you parked in the car park? Speak to bar staff to register your car so the parking is free." Had such a sign existed, we would not have been caught out. And it was only your point blank refusal to put one up that led me to explain it on here so others knew what they had to do

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the "personal insults" before they were removed by admin, but thanks, that's put the final nail in the coffin of any chance of us darkening your door again.

And finally, I am entitled to have an opinion on the food. My partner and I used to go to the Dartmouth Arms as a special treat: the food was incredible, brilliant ingredients, innovative flavour combinations and cooked to perfection. It no longer seems quite as brilliant as it used to be. It's perfectly fine, but not amazing. Which is, like this whole unfortunate incident, a shame.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking - JulietP - 07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking - DanW - 09-07-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking - JulietP - 12-07-2013 09:01 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dartmouth Arms viewing with artist, Sat 30th Jan, 4.30-6.30 sunarise 0 2,629 29-01-2010 12:08 PM
Last Post: sunarise
  Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops Snazy 35 30,332 04-06-2008 03:27 PM
Last Post: brian