SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Motorcycle nuisance on rise in SE23
dartmouth

08-07-2013 12:03 PM

I had the joy of living very close to Slickmanz barbers and I can say with full certainty that it IS that establishment which has produced the recent rise in nuisance from bikers. The owner himself owns the one that is parked on the pavement and in the time that I lived there, I witnessed countless accidents and near misses which were caused as a direct result of the bikers driving at high speed, doing wheelies etc. A rev of the engines as they all went past the shop to signal arrival was a pretty common occurence too. I complained bitterly to safer neighbourhoods for over two years (not just about the bikers but about the blatant drug dealing that was going on in the shop) and even to LT (whose buses were frequently having to brake hard to avoid the bikers as they performed tricks in the middle of the road) but not a lot happened. They raided the shop once I believe and arrests were 'imminent' but that was a long time ago and I guess nothing has changed. I can unashamedly say that Slickmanz was one of the main reasons for me moving.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Motorcycle nuisance on rise in SE23 - dartmouth - 08-07-2013 12:03 PM