SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
A string of burglaries in Honor Oak
knh2a

26-06-2013 04:03 PM

There has been a string of burglaries in Honor Oak in the past two months, with quite a few happening on Bovill Road. My husband today spotted two young men who looked to be in their early to mid 20s, ringing doorbells and looking inside of homes, around the corner from Babur restaurant, mid-day today (Wednesday). He has called the police about it but I just wanted to spread the word here as well, so that you can be aware.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tinkerbell

27-06-2013 12:34 PM

Without wanting to lessen the gravity of these crimes, but when you say "string of burglaries in HOP" and "quite a few on Bovill Road", have these all been reported? Have there really been more than usual? Glad you are making us aware of it though, it's always good to be vigliant.

rask0lnik0v

28-06-2013 03:34 PM

Mine was one of the places burgled - a few weeks ago.

I live on Gabriel Street in a property adjoining those on Bovill Road.
They got in through my backyard and then forced open a window.
The cleaner walked in on two guys in the mid afternoon, who then fled.

Did your husband report the sighting of the two guys? If not, is there any chance I could have the details to pass onto the police who are investigating my case?

rask0lnik0v

28-06-2013 03:35 PM

Sorry, I see now in your post that he did call the police.

Thanks for making us aware.

davidl

29-06-2013 07:05 PM

I was at home on Wednesday and two young men came to our door - they were in their early/mid-20's and were collecting for a charity (not sure which one - maybe "Concern"?). They seemed respectable enough, and weren't particularly pushy about their cause. They were in the area all day and into the evening.

I think these might have been the young men in question, and hopefully this will put some people's minds at rest.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Recent burglaries in Honor Oak Park mscarlyon 2 4,722 17-03-2012 04:01 PM
Last Post: roz