SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Devonshire Road Street Lighting Replacement
snoopy

27-06-2013 06:06 PM

Hello all,

I see that there are notices up about the replacement of the lamp standards on Devonshire Road. I presume that this is part of the Lewisham wide program.

Does anyone know if they decided to give us something suitable - ie, in keeping with a conservation area? This is particularly important given that the current lighting poles are rather fantastic. It would be so disappointing to have them replaced with bog-standard poles.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blushingsnail

27-06-2013 06:49 PM

From what I remember there is only one style of lamp post for conservation areas so it's just a generic style that doesn't reflect the style of the posts being replaced. I think they were going to limit the number of roads the conservation-style posts would be put in, to save money. So just because you're in a conservation area don't assume you'll get the conservation-style posts.

snoopy

27-06-2013 06:58 PM

Sorry...guess I didn't make myself clear. This is exactly what I'm hoping to ascertain...if anyone knows whether we will get the conservation posts or not?

Having a conservation area seems rather pointless if they can break their own rules and not put in the conservation-style posts.

But in the end, I guess it will be what it will be...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Street Lighting - just how bad is it? rshdunlop 16 13,994 23-06-2015 01:43 PM
Last Post: junegapi
  Leaves on trees / new street lighting Snazy 7 7,196 14-12-2013 07:23 PM
Last Post: Snazy
  Skyglow and the new street lighting Erekose 2 4,069 04-09-2013 01:15 PM
Last Post: Erekose