SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parking on zigzags outside schools
Londondrz

18-06-2013 08:27 AM

[Moved from "Skip lorries reversing at London Road/William Hill" -admin]

I have asked the SNT to send one of their scooter riding PCSO's to my daughters school in the morning to stop parents parking on the zig zagz for two months, nothing.

Park outside the Weather spoons to drop someone off and you get zapped by CCTV and fined.

It does not take much for me to believe that raising revenue is higher on the agenda than safety.

Call me cynical but....

Happy for the SNT who pop onto the forum to put me right.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rshdunlop

18-06-2013 09:15 AM

Have you asked the head teacher to speak to the SNT? At our primary school they would come for a couple of days and give people warnings when the head asked for it.

Londondrz

18-06-2013 10:30 AM

Yes she has to my knowledge. It's a pity as 5 minutes once or twice a month should be enough to scare off the crettins.

rshdunlop

18-06-2013 11:57 AM

To be honest, it doesn't help at all. While the presence of officers scared off most offenders, I still saw parents blatantly continue to park right under the noses of the community officers, and those officers seems scared to do anything about it. The next day, it was as bad as ever.

Londondrz

18-06-2013 12:15 PM

I have asked for them to send in the ticket chaps as well who have the power to fine. Park there and it's 3 points and a £60 pounds fine. Doesn't seem to put people off. I despair as to why people do it, I mean its not as if they have to walk more than 40 yards from a parking space to the school entrance.

Maybe I should be angry dad again, that worked for a few weeks when I did it a few years ago.

Sherwood

19-06-2013 07:14 AM

I don't think the community officers can issue tickets.

Perryman

19-06-2013 10:35 AM

Quite right - the zone is kept clear presumably so children are fully visible to traffic, in case they are chased into the road. (Although what a driver could be expected to do at 30+mph is another question best put to the se23 motorist fanatics).

However this restriction applies to the school coaches as well - they too need to park elsewhere during the peak times - but schools turn a blind eye to them.

bensonby

20-06-2013 08:02 PM

Why are you calling the police? They don't have any power to enforce
Zig zags outside of schools as far as I am aware.

It's a responsibility of the local authority and their officers have the requisite powers.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields