SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dog Excrement in HOP. Owners please be responsible!
lulu

23-05-2013 11:58 AM

Yet again I have had to swerve my buggy to avoid a huge load of dog excrement on Gabriel street.Walks along Garthorne and the surrounding streets are like running the gauntlet at times. Certain irresponsible dog owners feel its ok to allow their dog to defecate wherever they like with no thought as to how it affects other people. There are lots of mothers like myself in the area who don't want expose young babies to the diseases contained in dog faeces but at times it can be hard to avoid particularly if you get it on the buggy wheels which are then brought into the house. There are a couple of issues here. By way of reminder It is an offence to allow dogs to foul in public places. See link below

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/en...e-law.aspx

The problem is the lack of signs and bins to deposit the mess. People are more inclined to let the dog foul on the street rather than clean it up and carry it home.
My neighbour even caught an individual trying to deposit this in his wheels bin!!

I have contacted the council regarding getting the above in place but nothing has been done so far. I would really urge people to start voicing their concerns regarding above so we can get something done.

Dog faeces is disgusting and a health hazard and should be cleaned up accordingly. Please show consideration for other people.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edd

23-05-2013 08:54 PM

Yeah. Good luck with that, lulu.
They're *entitled*, doncha know?

bensonby

24-05-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:
My neighbour even caught an individual trying to deposit this in his wheels bin!!

Surely that's rather a lot better than leaving it on the floor....

jamster

03-06-2013 07:08 PM

We call it 'dog s**t walk'. It's disgusting & seems to be a perennial problem. Have the council come back to you?

lacb

04-06-2013 09:06 AM

It is a constant problem. I recommend using the online reporting methods which seem to work:
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/doitonline/re...rt-it.aspx

There is also an app (rewritten in the last year or so which also now works):
http://lovecleanstreets.org/Reports/Home

Londondrz

04-06-2013 10:50 AM

If I see an owner not cleaning up after their dog I take their photo. Usually leads to them muttering about how they "forgot" to clean up.

Maybe we should start the little flag in poo thing that was around the area a few years ago.

lulu

18-06-2013 02:21 PM

By way of update:I have noticed some anti dog fouling stickers have gone up around Garthorne and the surrounding roads but they are a bit rubbish and easy to ignore. Yet another massive turd has been deposited on the pavement today! Dog owners know they can get away with it hence why they do it. I don t really think you should be allowed to own a dog unless you are going to be responsible for its mess.

I have chased up the Council as I think the signage is inadequate. There really needs to be a bin so people can deposit the stuff as I think most owners don't want to carry there poo home with them!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields