SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dartmouth Road - Pavement obstruction
petersutton01

21-05-2008 05:22 AM

Hi all, Great site...so glad i found it.

I was wondering if anyone else has found a problem with the amount of obstruction on the pavement on Dartmoutn Road, particularly on the same side of the road as 'Question' etc? Im a resident on the road and sometimes, with all the cars parked with two wheels up on the pavement, the passage is nullified to single file. On aother point, the constant presence of cars parked up on the pavement is destroying the paving and causing a hazard. Does anyone know of the correct department to contact to get this looked at? I have to say, much as i love it, Question doesnt really help. On an evening, there are so many people congregating outside that passage through is often difficult, particularly when the bouncers make no attempt to keep the footpath clear. Can be very intimidating!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

21-05-2008 08:43 AM

Yes pavement parking has often been mentioned on this site. I raised it recently in relation to Devonshire Road.

Unless especially authorised by council signs I believe pavement parking is a disgrace and anti social, apart from danger to blind and elderly persons it also helps to destroy pavement so meaning the council have to spend more of our money repairing it. In 26 years of driving can honestly say never parked on pavement.

geo

21-05-2008 09:58 AM

Hi, I too live on Dartmouth Road and am not happy to see the many cars that can be parked near the question bar. There are parking bays in that area too which people just ignore. Dartmouth Road is quite a narrow road as is I don't understand how people get away with it? Is there a place I can register my views?

Matt_g

21-05-2008 12:46 PM

I agree - we had to cross over to the other side with a (single) buggy a few week ago.

Obviously a little inconsiderate, but if my memory serves me correctly, parking is permitted at some times. It's a tricky one - shop keepers wouldn't like a double yellow, and if everyone parked on the road, I doubt the busses could ever pass eachother.

I bet most of the card are very local too - we need to find a way to make walking more attractive. This will increase the foot fall for the shops and encourage new ones to invest in the area, but it's not always an inviting stroll. I bet more people are willing to walk, for example, 15 mins to HOP, ED or Greenwich shops...

Chicken and the egg really...

M

Baboonery

22-05-2008 01:32 AM

There was a zany estate agent's Beetle parked outside Martin's lettings earlier on. Well, I say outside, 'halfway in the door' would be a better way of putting it. I left a fairly blunt message under his/her wiper.

brian

22-05-2008 07:21 AM

Well done. I am fed up with inconsiderate parkers. Basically park legally or not at all.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pavement closed on London Road by Honor Oak Rd risk rbmartin 8 9,953 17-04-2015 09:31 AM
Last Post: Londondrz
  Pavement obstruction on Woodcombe Crescent tttttttttttttt 2 5,090 07-06-2010 10:06 AM
Last Post: borderpaul
  Devonshire Road - Parking on the Pavement brian 15 16,521 09-12-2009 06:34 PM
Last Post: brian