SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Get 12 months free food growing support and advice!
se23mastergardener

08-05-2013 08:32 AM

Hello,

I'm one of the Garden Organic Master Gardeners in your local area and keen to hear from anyone interested in food growing.

The Master Gardener scheme is a network of volunteers all with food growing and gardening experience, giving their time, knowledge and enthusiasm to help and mentor others in the local area to grow their own, whatever the space or experience.

Each Master Gardener aims to support five households over 12 months offering free food growing advice as well as spreading the food growing word at local events etc.

A household can be an individual, a couple, a family, a shared house, a group whatever. It's just important that you want to give it a go and get stuck in, with a bit of friendly advice and encouragement from your Master Gardener mentor.

What support and help do I get?
As a mentor, a Master Gardener will keep in touch with you over 12 months to help you through your first growing season and to grow your confidence and growing skills to either start growing or to grow more food.

One you have signed up, you'll receive a free Growing Pack with info sheets, a growing wall planner and seeds to get you started. You'll receive a visit from the Master Gardener to help get you set up or to see your growing space and make a growing plan together. From there your Master Gardener mentor will keep in touch regularly with ongoing advice, answer questions and give you lots of encouragement. You'll also receive invites to growing get-togethers with other households and Master Gardeners in the local area to meet other growers in your local community.

Why should I get involved?
There are so many reasons! Here are just a few...
* Receive 12 months of free growing support and advice from an experienced local mentor
* Receive a free start up growing kit
* Learn new growing skills and produce your own food, from a pot of herbs to a whole veg garden!
* Positively impact your eating habits and regular outdoor activity and exercise
* Meet other growers in your local community
* Take an active role in protecting the environment by living more sustainably as well as more aware of the food you eat

Interested?
If you are interested in getting involved, I'd love to hear from you!

Drop me an email to se23mastergardener@gmail.com to introduce yourself and tell me a little bit about your growing space. We can then arrange a time to speak over the phone to chat further about the scheme.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,
Kim

Visit the Garden Organic South London Master Gardeners Website: http://southlondon.mastergardeners.org.uk/

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free VBAC Support Group in Sydenham Etoile 0 3,117 17-05-2012 10:56 AM
Last Post: Etoile