SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Violence etc in F Hill
Glasshalffull

07-05-2013 01:51 PM

I know I raised the issue of this alley but I have never had a fear of crime in the alley. I was hinting that the alley appears used as an escape route for those who have committed an offence. For this reason I think it is worth considering CCTV. I would like to reiterate that Forest Hill is a great place to live and a great place to raise a family and actually has a low level of crime compared to similar areas in London.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
P1971

07-05-2013 08:23 PM

Going back to the original post which I have just read, Davy you will find that the majority of Lovely characters on Dartmouth Road are Miriam Lodge Residents. I have lived in Forest Hill for 15 years, not as long as Anotherjohn and Glasshalffull and have never came across any crime personally, but now that I trade in the area I have found that Miriam Lodge Residents seem to be the main problem. That's just my opinion.

P1971

07-05-2013 08:52 PM

After reading more on this thread I think Dartmouth Road would be worthy of CCTV too as 2 shops had a brick put through door windows on Sunday night. Big Breakfast Cafe and Giovanni Hairdresser's, little money was taken, but the cost of replacing glass etc is not cheap. Thanks Anotherjohn for starting a kitty, I think that might be a good route to go down. Let me look into it more to see if it's something I would have time to organize, otherwise I could pass info on to FHSOC. Sure they would help

Novels

08-05-2013 02:04 PM

I haven't witnessed anything bad in the area since I moved in.
However, I quite agree that the Dartmouth Road makes me feel a little less safe than, say, the London Road when the shops are shut.

It doesn't mean I like it any less. I love the new shops and I think it has a lot of character.
Thank you very much Davyj for flagging up this issue. It's important to be aware of what's going on.

P1971

10-05-2013 10:28 PM

Just to let all know a few of us traders are aware of this thread and are trying to do something about it. Please bare with us.

Perryman

11-05-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:
a few of us traders are aware of this thread and are trying to do something about it. Please bare with us.

Is this one of these Mary Portas initiatives to reinvigorate the high street?

Anotherjohn

11-05-2013 12:28 PM

Dunno about reinvigoration but there's plenty of aggravation - with 4 or 5 broken windows and attempted break-ins in Dartmouth Road in the past week or so.

The police need to get a grip! And, if they can't, the council needs to pay to have fully monitored CCTV down there because their blanket policy against shopfront shutters is taking away the right of shopkeepers to protect their livelihoods.

Duffinamdi

13-05-2013 07:06 PM

Forest Hill also has a lot of nice helpful people. Today about 2pm a guy collapsed in Stanstead rd Wastdale rd junction, there were 2 guy just getting to him and saw him collapsed , I called the ambulance, another guy driving by stopped and came and helped us, he was put in to the recovery position and we kept his airway clear, and kept taking to him and reassuring him. I hope if am ever taken ill when out, there are people like that around.
well done people of Forest HillThumbsup.
I hope the guy is ok

firkinboo

15-05-2013 07:32 PM

Totally agree. Just posted similar rant about mindless idiots speeding recklessly down Woolstone Road, and that includes bus drivers! Not sure what we can do. Trying to get enough people together to get petition for MP - interested?

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields