SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mugged on Devonshire Road on Sunday 24th March 2013 at 7:15pm ish.
bonobo

25-03-2013 02:15 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to warn you that there is a frequent mugger acting around Honor Park Station. On my case ( I am a female), he was waiting at the corner of Honor Oak Park road and Devonshire Road, he waited until I walked about 100 meters into Devonshire Road and then he ran behind me, pulled me on the floor and pulled my bag. I was not hurt, but I have a couple of scratches on my hand and bruises on my knee because he pulled me on the floor.

Description: Talk black guy (175-180cm), 25-30 years old. He had a beanie hat, no bear or moustache. A witness who came out of the station saw him running away towards the One Tree Hill park and she said he had a green jacket.

A local mini cab driver said (according to the description I gave) that he has seen this guy a couple of times in the Honor Oak Park area. He said last time he saw the mugger he tried to steal a bag from a woman, he was caught by two guys near the Honor Oak Park station, released the bag and ran away. The mini cab driver said the mugger always runs away in the same direction and he thinks he leaves in some blocks further away. Some people came out of their flats on Devonshire Road because I was screaming, they helped me and a lady said to me that another lady was mugged on 22nd Feb on Devonshire road too.

Unfortunately I was not coming out of the Honor Oak Park station, but off the P4 bus and at that time I was alone on the street and on Devonshire road, which has dark spots with no lighting, so I was the perfect target.

Please be careful and make sure you are not alone at night walking on the street, as this mugger might come back again. The police said this was typical - they wait from people to come out of the station and walking alone, especially on long roads like Devonshire Road.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HannahD

25-03-2013 03:42 PM

Hi I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you're not too shaken. Nasty thing to happen. My husband was robbed earlier this year on the corner of Devonshire and Boveney Road. He was also followed from the station but by five lads, not just one. The police suggested getting in touch with Lewisham council regarding the lighting, which we did, as Devonshire is only lit on one side of the street at the HOP end. It would be good if as many people as possible did the same.
Hope you're okay.

edpaff

25-03-2013 03:48 PM

Sorry to hear about this bonobo - not a nice thing to happen.

Not sure if this could be related or not, but I was walking back with the dog from the recreation ground at lunchtime today (14.30) and passed a guy matching your assailant's description on Grierson Road just down from the junction with Honor Oak Park. I'd go so far as to say he was loitering - certainly acting suspiciously (looking into car windows, checking over his shoulder etc) - I was concerned enough to take note of some details (before reading your post) which might help/jog your memory:

- Grey beanie
- Olive green jacket
- Grey Nike tracksuit bottoms (with embroidered logo on back of right leg at shin height)
- Grey shoes (canvas trainers)
- Tall, approx 6ft 3
- Clean-shaven, black and aged approximately 30

bonobo

25-03-2013 03:58 PM

Oh my god your description looks like him!! I will inform the police about that. Thank you so much for this information edpaff.

bonobo

25-03-2013 04:15 PM

May be we can do a petition and get it signed by the residents of Devonshire road. I am happy to take the lead on that and start this weekend.

lacb

25-03-2013 04:28 PM

This is a worrying trend, I hope you are ok bonobo.

See link for previous thread:
http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php...365&page=1

daveherne

25-03-2013 06:47 PM

Hmm. working as a community is the only way to deal with a few rogues. I have installed cerebus onto my phone today. Will get my wife to install a similar tracker app onto her iPhone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...erus&hl=en

Will tell police where the phone is, or rather you will via the web site Smile, and also will take photos of the twits.

A gang of teenagers attended to mug me and a friend in Maida Vale last year. Happens everywhere in London. I know that is small consolation.

Police told us tends to go in phases, a few guys move into a neighbourhood, spate of muggings, robberies and are gone at some point.

Chris88

25-03-2013 10:21 PM

Hello

Could be a coincidence but...

About 3-4 weeks ago a man matching this description approached me in David's Road. It was around 7-8pm.

"Excuse me sir! Excuse me sir!" he called from about 20 metres away.

There was no one else around and I've never seem him before in the street. He just seemed a bit out of place. It's not a street you just approach people. It wasn't the high street. He just had this look in his face, almost of desperation/eagerness.

I just instinctively turn and ran. I just ran towards Sainsbury's and didn't stop until I was inside the rear entrance.

- Grey beanie
Can't remember

- Olive green jacket
I am pretty sure he was wearing this.

- Grey Nike tracksuit bottoms (with embroidered logo on back of right leg at shin height)
Can't remember

- Grey shoes (canvas trainers)
Can't remember

- Tall, approx 6ft 3
Definitely. Matches this height almost exactly.

- Clean-shaven, black and aged approximately 30
Definitely. I distinctly remembered his age. He was slightly older.

sandtropez

26-03-2013 12:32 PM

I saw a man matching this description yesterday on Gabriel Street at approx 8.30am, crossing over to go up (or towards) Lessing Street - possibly looking in cars. It seems he frequents this patch of HOP then, which is quite brazen.

bigmacca1

26-03-2013 05:04 PM

All these sightings, has anyone made the police ,local street cops or lewisham police aware ???

bonobo

26-03-2013 05:48 PM

To answer to the question from bigmacca1: the cop I am in contact with for my case said they are looking daily at this forum and at SE23.com. I have forwarded them the comments posted on the sightings and descriptions given.

However it would be a good idea to call the police as soon as we think we see this mugger in the street. If the weather gets better in a week of so, he might change jacket and not wear a beanie anymore, who knows....

Thank you

nottinghillbilly

26-03-2013 06:53 PM

Yes, and likewise when the weather gets better he'll no doubt spend a lot longer walking the streets seeking opportunities to mug pedestrians.

There is such a warren of alleyways in the area that perhaps need some form of security camera in order to dissuade these criminals

pchome

26-03-2013 07:06 PM

The Forest Hill Safer Neighbourhoods Team can be reached on
Tel: 020 8721 2723 but they only seem to work office hours, you never see them when it's dark.

Pico
No longer registered

29-03-2013 02:09 PM

I just thought I should mention that I saw a policeman on a motorbike outside Honor Oak Station at 9.30pm. He was talking on his radio about a suspect and I don't know if that means there was another robbery last night?

mitchy117

30-04-2013 09:53 PM

Hi - the description is similar to the description of a male who mugged me for my phone near Honor Oak Park station last year - see thread http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5703

My description of the attacker: One sole tall black male c6ft2, late 20s/30s, clean shaven, beanie hat, glasses, rucksack, respectable looking, doesn't look like mugger.

Hope you're OK...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Food Fair - Sunday 3rd November 2013 michael 0 3,777 28-10-2013 10:36 PM
Last Post: michael
  Apple Day at Devonshire Road Nature Reserve - Sunday 13th Oct Stevefx 0 3,450 03-10-2013 09:48 PM
Last Post: Stevefx
  Devonshire Road Nature Reserve Open Day - Sunday 28th July 11am-6pm Devonshire Road 1 4,903 28-07-2013 08:50 AM
Last Post: Devonshire Road
  Spring Walk - Sunday, 21 April 2013 michael 4 6,185 25-04-2013 11:34 AM
Last Post: michael
  Spring Woodland Walk, Sunday 25 March 2012 michael 4 6,713 26-03-2012 12:31 PM
Last Post: Alice
  Mugged on Dartmouth Road LS74 18 20,308 01-08-2008 11:50 AM
Last Post: davidwhiting