SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Garthorne Road bizarre thefts
Mattya

14-04-2013 08:51 PM

Hi All,

A few strange items have been stolen out of my front and rear garden over the past few days. Firstly, a large pot has been taken from my front garden a few days back. It's been there for years so I have no idea why someone thought they could just come along and take it.

Also some shed felt has been stolen from my roof. A bit weird as nothing else was stolen at the same time? It's just a pain really, as I'm now going to have to put some more up. And waste time reporting stuff like this to the Police.

Anyway, if anyone saw anything then please do let me know.

Cheers!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkipJumpHOP

23-04-2013 06:18 PM

Hi there We have had a white van come and go on our road circling neighbourhood lookng for scrap things. I saw a man coming up our drive when I opened the door he was bit surprised, i asked him what he wanted, he said did we have any scrap metal, I said no but he asked If he could take some things from our skip, old cabling and discarded materials. Which I was ok with. I have seen quite a few people scavaging for things recently, if we want anything removed we just put it in our drive. It is the sign of the times, people looking out for things, always see vans stopping at skips and bins in last few months in HOP. May explain your stuff going.

Sherwood

24-04-2013 06:36 AM

I had a lot of work done recently. Old metal gutters, pipes, a radiator and even an old gas cooker went within an hour!

Mattya

24-04-2013 09:22 PM

Thanks guys! Good news on the shed roof felt though - it had clearly blown off and I found it a couple of doors down, which is a relief! I have updated the police accordingly.... And my neighbours can all laugh whilst I try and put some more up shortly!

As for the pot at the front, I don't think this would have been the usual scrap collectors because I spoke with them a while back when I was clearing out our house of all kinds of scrap, so I think they would know not to take it. Scrap collectors are generally useful, given the nearest dump is on the old kent road and a bit of a drive away!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bizarre noise in Dartmouth road 4am SElady 4 6,254 30-07-2012 09:45 PM
Last Post: ehegarty