SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Fifty grand for us to spend on improvements
Ooperlooper

27-10-2007 09:21 PM

As I understand it, Southern or Network Rail or one of the other companies involved in running the trains owns the station, so the only way that something would get done is if they decided that they wanted to do so (and since Forest Hill is already heavily used, they probably don't see much of a business case for improvements).

Oyster readers are due to be implemented before too long though, after Citizen Ken (sorry, Mayor Ken) recently agreed to pay the rail companies ?20m to implement them by 2009 (if my memory serves me correctly).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Toffeejim

04-11-2007 11:43 PM

I was walking under the railway bridge today and was reminded how generally crummy and depressing it looks. We get thousands passing through Forest Hill every day who are confronted with the same thing. How about putting putting metal grills in front of it and growing trailing plants there to disguise the bridge and initiate a leitmotif of greenery that would sit appropriately with a suburb called Forest Hill?

Ooperlooper

19-11-2007 08:37 PM

I'd guess anything requiring lots of ongoing maintenance is probably out of the picture.

Also, I have a feeling that the railway bridge belongs to one of the railway companies, so the council couldn't do anything about it even if they wanted to (anyone know if this is correct?).

nevermodern

19-11-2007 09:09 PM

Railtrack probably own it?

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields