SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Magnus is Missing - Please Help
Aurorablast

25-03-2013 04:35 PM

Our much loved Norwegian Forest cat MAGNUS was allowed to escape during building works and we haven't seen him since.13.03.13 He's nine months old, mostly tabby;with a white flag to the tip of his tail and a disctinctive M above his eyes. He is micro-chipped to the breeders address and is very, very much missed. Reward for safe return.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
daveherne

26-03-2013 07:31 AM

Did you find Magnus yet?

Aurorablast

26-03-2013 08:09 AM

Sad No we haven't Dave - it'll be two weeks tomorrow and the weather's been so grim, I fear the worse. It was literally less than half an hour from the builders telling us they'd let him out of the house - to us searching the streets. He's just vanished into thin air....Our road's so quiet I doubt he'd have been hit by a car. I fear a dog or fox got him. Never had such a clever cat - he'd play fetch with you - bring water bottle tops for you and drop them into your hands. We're all so upset to lose him. Thank you so much for asking.

daveherne

26-03-2013 08:37 AM

could you put up a photo and say *roughly* where you are, I am off grierson road. but don't want to get your hopes up, it could well be another cat, I am not am home during the day very often but have not seen it before.

Aurorablast

26-03-2013 09:48 AM

Hi Dave - we're up on Sydenham hill (on the forest hill side)- but there's a green 'highway' down to forest hill and Norwegian forest cats are notorious for being wide-ranging. I'm trying to sort out a picture but keep getting the 'file in excess of limit' when I try to upload one

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

daveherne

26-03-2013 09:57 AM

put it up on flickr and post a link / embed.

probably a long shot he got down here though !

Aurorablast

26-03-2013 09:59 AM

Well I managed it ..sort of

daveherne

26-03-2013 11:14 AM

hmm, the cat i saw this morning did look like that... i remarked to my wife what an unusual cat it was, very pretty.

i will try and get a picture, maybe a saucer of milk? don't get to excited though as i may well be wrong...

Aurorablast

26-03-2013 01:49 PM

Hi Dave

O bless you - the Norwegian Forest Cat can roam for miles..and miles! Crossing everything - he is microchipped (still to the breeders address)so we can definitely find out one way or the other. Thank you so much for taking the trouble.

daveherne

27-03-2013 02:24 PM

no sign of the cat, I will still keep a lookout. I suggest you leaflet the area if you really want to get him back - would not cost you much! He could well be hanging around the gardens. This cat looked in decent shape, but a lot of cat lovers around here so probably no shortage of food and water. We are on Kilgour Road.

dave.

Aurorablast

28-03-2013 10:51 AM

Dear Dave

Thanks so much for your kindness - my young son and I are roaming the streets near you calling for him. There's more about 'Magnus is Missing' on James Bowen & Street Cat Bob (the Facebook page) - we are so grateful and thankful for everyone's kindness and good wishes.

rshdunlop

28-03-2013 10:55 AM

Have a look at the national lost pet register here:
http://www.nationalpetregister.org/

Aurorablast

28-03-2013 11:07 AM

Dear RSH

Thanks for that - Magnus is on their database and we've had two potential matches so far, but sadly not our gorgeous Magnus. I am so touched how kind & helpful everyone has been - especially when so many people are having a tough time themselves.

rshdunlop

28-03-2013 11:14 AM

I've not replied before as I didn't want to get your hopes up when you saw a reply to your post.

I do hope Magnus is home soon. If you look through the lost cat threads here, you will see that there is almost always a happy ending, even after many weeks.

We used to have a Maine Coon, which are very similar to Norwegian Forest Cats in personality and intelligence. Wonderful cats.

Aurorablast

16-04-2013 09:32 PM

Thank you all for your kindness.

We have just found out that Magnus was killed by a car within 20 mins of being let out of the house.

Many, many thanks to eveyone who tried to help and for your generosity of spirit.

kittycatdoggywoggie

16-04-2013 10:21 PM

Sad So sad poor baby - when I was about 5/6yrs old had a ginger tom who ran out after moving into a new place in Catford trying to find our old flat in Brockley Rise we got a call a week or so later that he been hit by a lorry in Colfe Rd so I know thats so horrid to hear I was devastated being so young but last yr we had to put down our black kitty of 16years Sad and her tabby sister the previous year passed away its very sad when a pet dies especially if you had them a long time.

edd

17-04-2013 06:04 AM

Poor Magnus, and poor you. I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. My sympathies.

daveherne

17-04-2013 06:27 AM

really sorry to hear that...

rshdunlop

17-04-2013 12:15 PM

So sorry to hear that. You'll have a cat-sized hole in your heart for a while.

JulietP

17-04-2013 09:31 PM

So sorry to hear that. I'd be devastated to lose mine. :-(

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields