SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Wishing MORE would participate here
Scorpion

23-10-2007 05:50 PM

Hi Admin, thanks for your reply lol
No, but if you think I could do it, then I would like a job in Publicity?
I do know though, that whenever I feel particularly strong about something, I can be very vocal.

Yes, I see that, re: coffee shops etc. which is part of why I feel strongly. Not being funny, but, I don't use them, not around here anyway, if I did, would be only for special meetings etc. My kettle and current jar of granules OR caffetiere powder stuff does for me, and its cheaper.
What I mean is, coffee shops are not my main priority in this area.
Things that are more important to the community in general are what I care about. There are many of us, from all "walks of life" (interpret that to:_ from all ranges of earnings/financial status) here in Forest Hill, and if for whatever reason, some are put off from posting about/for their home area, that would be sad :o(
I have no jealousy or angst, incase anyone is wondering, I just would like my local area to be better, in many ways, same as most other people would.
I have seen many bad responses, attitudes etc. to posts on forums (in general) - usually by the resident "mob" and wonder why it is allowed - certainly its not very good for inducing newcomers. We all have out own points of view, and as long as within the boundaries of "Forum Rules", should be allowed.

In the past, comments/replies from some people, on threads, have made me say to myself "ooh! maybe I should not bother replying here, because I am not a home owner/big wage earner etc and maybe they would not think the views I have to offer are good enough/important"
IE:- some comments could have made me, or others, feel like second class citizens and not bother giving my feedback/views.
They roll off my back, usually, however, and thats good, because I can participate very well in arguments/opinion views, but i certainly would not bother doing that, if it meant I would be thrown off a Forum (as I have seen happen many times before, on some)

I will have my say though, strongly, in certain cases, when I feel particularly vehement about some things, and I will speak my mind (within the boundaries) here and elsewhere and urge others to do so too (within the guidelines)
Forums are (usually) for the use of all concerned - not just for those with the strongest, loudest (or most intimidating) voice.

The new,improved SE23.com Forum is good and will be even better, I am sure. The current membership AND participation, will become more. I am sure it will......... IF others allow it to be so

Sue

Long live forums, people from all walks of life, and, the Internet ;o)

Sue

PS I do notice that some poeple (on forums in general) intimidate others and post like they own the place. Not good!

Find all posts by this user

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Wishing MORE would participate here - Scorpion - 23-10-2007 05:50 PM