SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Missing tabby cat in Devonshire Road
CatherineEB

06-02-2013 05:52 PM

My beautiful cat Bonnie disappeared this morning from the Forest Hill end of Devonshire Road.

She is a brown and honey coloured tabby, with a slightly "bald" ring around her neck where her collar used to be. She is micro-chipped.

Please could you check sheds and gardens - I've checked with a few neighbours on the railway side of the line where I live, but would be really grateful for further searching.

I am desperately worried about her. Please call on 07711048102 with any news. Reward for safe return.

Thanks
Catherine

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pixysunflower

21-02-2013 01:12 PM

hi
This cat has been coming to us over the last two weeks and I am not aware that it is a neighbour's. It comes at about 12.30 or 4.30. I was ready with my camera today. If you think it is your missing cat, let me know, though I live on Honor Oak Park so that is quite far from you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

CatherineEB

21-02-2013 03:28 PM

Hi Pixysunflower

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I am not sure whether they show Bonnie but could I call by and see? I'm on my way home from work now. Could you give me a call or drop me a text on my mobile please (07711048102). Many thanks.

Also thanks to Rob for leaving me a voicemail to let me know the photos were on the forum - really appreciate it.

Catherine

Cellar Door

22-02-2013 06:27 PM

CatherineEB wrote:
Also thanks to Rob for leaving me a voicemail…

Hi Catherine,

My pleasure for the voicemail.

I live very close to the Forest Hill end of Devonshire Road. I also have a lovely tabby like Bonnie. So close was your description of Bonnie that at first glance I thought we were sharing a cat.

We call him Jeffers. And that you call “him” Bonnie. And that you were mistaken about his gender.

But actually, Bonnie is a distinctly different cat to our Jeffers. They do both share strikingly similar patterns and a bald ring around their necks where their collar’s used to be.

I’ve checked our garage for Bonnie. No sign. Unfortunately.

Then I was ever so pleased to see pixysunflower’s posting yesterday.

I quickly printed off your pictures of Bonnie. And pixysunflower’s pictures.

I did this because I have recently become a proud owner of a very handy device from The Science Museum and put that to the test. It is a magnifying glass (2x and 4x magnification) with a light!

At first there is a slight disappointing difference in the markings on the forehead. pixysunflower’s cat’s markings between the eyes are curved. Your snaps of Bonnie show distinctly straight lines vertical between the eyes. Could it be just because of pixysunflower’s photo showing a slightly more worried version of Bonnie?

I was terribly pleased to view the paw markings on the front rhs. Incredibly the same. And distinctively so.

I think that the ears of both cats are also a big factor in a similarity.

My analysis is that pixysunflower’s little visitor is highly likely to be Bonnie.

And well done for getting Bonnie’s missing notices around Forest Hill in the shop windows. I hope to read very soon about Bonnie being back home with you.

Cheers,
Rob

P.S. pixysunflower thoughtfully mentioned that they live on Honor Oak Park and observed that is quite far from us. In terms of cat travels, I think that Honor Oak Park is very close. With that in mind and in case it just happens to be a similar looking cat to our Jeffers and Bonnie, then have you also put your missing notices around the HOP parade of shops?

CatherineEB

23-02-2013 02:56 PM

I have wonderful news to report, which is that Bonnie is found! I received a call yesterday from a lovely lady on Woodcombe Crescent, whose daughter had befriended Bonnie earlier that day and then spotted my posters.

I'm totally euphoric to have her home, albeit weighing 25% less than she did when she left. She's otherwise healthy, aside from a clump of fur missing from her head. I'm presuming she got caught in a fight, ran away, became disorientated and couldn't work out the way back.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my posters or via this website - it has been amazing to know that there have been other eyes out there helping to find and bring her home Smile

Catherine

Bel101

25-02-2013 01:54 PM

Fantastic news. I know I would be devastated if either of my two cats were lost.

pixysunflower

26-02-2013 08:03 AM

Just to report a new and completely different tabby has appeared today and is cold, hungry but unaccountably friendly - as if it thinks this is its home. It was sitting on the garden bench and seems like in no hurry to leave. We've fed it and if it still there after I return from work, will put a photo up. If you think your cat is missing, please let me know.
ps pleased to meet Catherine and hear of the safe return of Bonnie and Cedar Door's detective work was a great read.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Longish haired tabby & white cat - Bovill Road jamster 0 2,656 16-02-2015 06:59 PM
Last Post: jamster
  Two young tabby cats on Tyson Road helenS29 4 5,341 17-12-2013 12:44 PM
Last Post: helenS29
  Found: dark grey tabby cat on Bovill Road scottross 2 4,040 27-10-2013 07:40 AM
Last Post: Tinkerbell
  Black Tabby Missing pchome 1 3,368 26-10-2013 07:14 PM
Last Post: Littlebelka