SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pelican/Zebra crossing at pools for kid's safety
P1971

13-02-2013 07:15 PM

I think traffic lights or a crossing is a must by the new pools for kid's safety. I have seen so many run across the road without looking. I do understand that traffic lights may cost quite a bit, but maybe a Pelican or Zebra crossing could be considered by Lewisham Council. What do others think?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
campervantim

13-02-2013 11:03 PM

A valid point but if a crossing is put in it would require vehicles actually stopping - something that doesn't always happen at the crossing up by the school just past Thorpewood Avenue. Those lights are jumped frequently by speeding cars & vans. Personally I'd like to see speed cameras and a 20mph limit (enforced) on Dartmouth Rd.

Lewisham however has already stated to me a couple of years ago after I was nearly hit by a car whilst crossing at the above crossing that speed cameras, additional crossings, speed restrictions etc aren't nessecary. They said the proof is that no ones been killed yet.

Perryman

14-02-2013 01:28 PM

Lewisham are not providing crossing facilities where needed and if anything are actively removing them. Probably for reasons of cost.
In that case they should introduce a borough wide 20 mph speed limit.

In the meantime, perhaps they could adjust the timing of the lights at Dartmouth Rd/London Rd to slow the traffic down a little.

euan

14-02-2013 01:43 PM

Any measures to slow down the traffic along Dartmouth Road would be a step in the right direction.

I'm no expert, but a 20 mph limit combined with speed cameras might even be self-financing. Of course, I'd rather everyone just obeyed the speed limit and nobody got fined, but that seems unlikely...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Zebra crossing on Perry Vale! blushingsnail 3 5,972 23-11-2016 10:15 AM
Last Post: wynell
  Zebra Crossing on Kirkdale michael 3 5,021 11-10-2012 11:31 AM
Last Post: Perryman