SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where do local primary kids go on to, on whole?
borderpaul

14-03-2013 03:10 PM

I am always a bit confused at how Harris CP which takes children of all abilities from the community manages to get a 99% pass rate. It seems a bit high and does not reflect the natural distribution of results as inevitably some people do well and some people fail unless you select.

I get the impression this year that many people didn't get in but it seemed that does who did seemed to be of higher academic ability than those who didn't. I have heard this said about Harris last year as well though it could just all be a coincidence.

I did the tour last year and was amazed when they introduced a one way system round the school during the day. I think that summarizes my opinion of the school that they wanted kids to go in one direction and did not prize individuality so much. I think it is a brilliant school if you have a kid that way inclined as it will let them excel.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Where do local primary kids go on to, on whole? - borderpaul - 14-03-2013 03:10 PM