SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Right-turn camera at Wickes/Halfords
billham

07-07-2008 01:15 PM

I think you are quite right about the amount of signange. There is simply no way of taking in all the signs that are out there. How anyone without an intimate knowledge of the South Circ ever successfully navigates it is quite beyond me...even if they don't have to detour into Wickes!

You constantly need to be working on which lane you need to be in for the next of the unending one way schemes as well as reading all the signs and working out which bus lanes are 24 hour and not just morning or evening....I doubt anyone can go through a day without some form of minor unintentional infraction which the cameras await with their ever watchful eyes.

The only traffic ticket I have had was for driving down a bus lane in Merton for about 10 yards at 7.15 in the morning in order to avoid some queuing traffic and turn left into a clear road. Everything about it was automated from the camera to the voice that answered when you called to pay the ridiculous charge. Coffers one, commonsense nil.

It didn't help my mood when later that same day (which was 4 or 5 years ago) there were talks on radio and TV of expensive studies to assist traffic flow in London. Well allowing people to move through a clear bus lane to reduce a queue in a direction they don't wish to go when the direction they do wish to go is clear would seem to be an easy start!!

5 years later of course all we get are more cameras, more unreasonable tickets, and the traffic only gets worse.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Right-turn camera at Wickes/Halfords - billham - 07-07-2008 01:15 PM