SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Card Cloning at Co-op Cash Point
michael

02-02-2013 03:21 PM

This was passed on via Facebook this afternoon by a neighbour:

Quote:
EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS, my card got copied at the Co-op cashpoint on Stanstead Road last night. They got my card and my pin using some kind of camera and then cleaned me out (just after payday). I'm covered (thank god) but they took the maximum cash, loads of little card payments and loads of massive ones too. Its been reported to the police but if youve used the Coop cashpoint recently you might want to check your balance. The cashpoint retained my card and said it was being held by the bank but they had tampered with it. I should have cancelled the card there and then and no for the future but please takes this as a heads up.

Keep an eye on those cash points and cover your hand when entering your PIN.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

02-02-2013 10:53 PM

I've had other reports of similar incidents at the same cash point reported via PM from somebody apparently not allowed to post, so I wanted to pass on this information. Transactions are carried out around the world shortly afterwards. So watch out!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Ward - Cash Point Safety admin 0 3,850 14-05-2016 01:16 PM
Last Post: admin
  URGENT- credit card cloning in SE23 roz 6 7,772 17-03-2008 01:25 PM
Last Post: roz