SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Moving House
michael

17-10-2007 07:45 PM

I am planning to move house at some point quite soon (hopefully). Can anybody recommend a removal company in the area?
Send me a PM (private message) using the button below.

But don't worry, I am not planning to leave Forest Hill, I am going back to my roots on the right side of the tracks.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

18-10-2007 06:59 AM

Is there a wrong side, then , Michael?

michael

18-10-2007 08:39 AM

Of course not. In Forest Hill we have two right sides of the railway line. It just depends which way you are facing.

millesens

18-10-2007 04:58 PM

Excactly, let s stop perpetuating this myth simply based on some geographical borders ( yes yes you are close to Dulwich and we are close to Catford, so what about Peckham ?). On "my" side of the tracks we are all uneducated, unemployed and miserable and on "your" side everybody has a Phd, comes from an aristocratic family and wears a wonderfullly veneered smile ? I am not quite convinced about this theory and but you can all continue to brain wash and deleude yourself that it is all real, if it makes you feel better.

hilltopgeneral

20-10-2007 11:19 AM

millesens wrote:
Excactly, let s stop perpetuating this myth simply based on some geographical borders ( yes yes you are close to Dulwich and we are close to Catford, so what about Peckham ?). On "my" side of the tracks we are all uneducated, unemployed and miserable and on "your" side everybody has a Phd, comes from an aristocratic family and wears a wonderfullly veneered smile ? I am not quite convinced about this theory and but you can all continue to brain wash and deleude yourself that it is all real, if it makes you feel better.

The other side of the railway is scruffier.

Around London Road, the south end of Honor Oak Road and Wood Vale, Westwood Park, Taymount Rise, Manor Mount and most of Devonshire Rd one could be forgiven for imagining oneself in a fairly smart, pleasant area.

On the other hand, it's a right dump round the top of Perry Vale, round the top of Sunderland Rd and anywhere near Perry Hill. The estate off Mayo Rd is an eyesore that needs immediate bulldozing and the grid of roads between Woolstone and Stanstead Rds is generally unremarkable.

That's all.

Toffeejim

20-10-2007 03:56 PM

I did consider offering a point by point rebuttal to the previous post but then realised that HTG's piece simply serves to highlight both his own aesthetic limitations and his limited knowledge of (or perhaps blindness to) the detailed streetscape of Forest Hill. Otherwise we might have expected a more balanced view. And I suppose that naming oneself after a hospital does suggest that one's views on architecture are always going to tend to the eccentric

millesens

22-10-2007 01:20 PM

Michael did you fing a moving firm ? A few years ago we used a sort of Man and a Van Removal Company, I will send you their details through a private message. We always prefer packing our own things but they sent us two man and a huge van. They were very efficient and polite, nothing got broken or even scratched so you could give them a call to see wether they offer the services you require.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields