SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Empty properties
Tim Lund

20-01-2013 02:05 PM

I've been contacted by Lewisham officers to say that the issue of no emtpy homes being brought into use has been

Quote:
investigated ... and Lewisham Council have ( over the period in question ) facilitated bringing a considerable number of properties back into use. These statistics have been reported to CLG but as yet they have not been published. We are contacting CLG to find out the reason for this. Hopefully this will result in the correct figures being published shortly. In the meantime I can assure you the Council put considerable effort into dealing with empty properties and this will be reflected eventually in the published figures.

These numbers are clearly important, since funding depends on them, so I assume they have to be thoroughly checked, and properly documented; my guess is that somehow there are glitches in this process, which I imagine would be of concern to the DCLG as much as to local authorities such as Lewisham and ordinary citizens such as myself. Let's hope we can identify how Lewisham could get its proper funding allocation!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Empty properties - Tim Lund - 14-01-2013, 11:46 PM
RE: Empty properties - Tim Lund - 20-01-2013 02:05 PM
RE: Empty properties - Tim Lund - 22-01-2013, 11:43 PM