SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Poll: Are you a bridge fan or an underpass fan?
Brige
Underpass
Depends
[Show Results]

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Bridge or Underpass?
Baboonery

23-04-2008 09:49 AM

Inspired by the continuing saga of the brainless or shameless attempt to close the Platform 2 entrance, I wondered whether people on the west side of the railway generally use the bridge or the underpass after arriving back from town? It's these little things that fascinate me.

I always use the underpass: I think it's marginally quicker. However, if I'm going from home to Platform 2 I'll always use the bridge (this is largely out of brinkmanship, so I can see the train coming and break into a lumbering gallop if necessary).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Baboonery

23-04-2008 09:50 AM

Oh ****, a typo in the poll. Gah.

Applespider

23-04-2008 12:29 PM

I use the underpass when I come home from town but only after they closed in the bridge which made it downright depressing and not particularly well-lit. Plus, the other exit and underpass is wider which means people seem to move faster.

Like you though, if I'm going for a train there, I take the bridge...

Elizabeth25

23-04-2008 01:05 PM

I live on the east side of the tracks. But when I need to go west after getting off a train, I tend to use the underpass. It seems quicker to me. There tends to be a line to get on the bridge. And I think it (may) involved less stairs.

PVP

23-04-2008 02:27 PM

underpass - less stairs and quicker

the_emu

23-04-2008 03:30 PM

I always use the bridge as it didn't ever occur to me to use the underpass....maybe I'll try it out tonight. Huh

Sherwood

23-04-2008 08:14 PM

I use the underpass to get to platform 1. I suppose partly because I don't have a ticket before I get to the ticket office. But if I come by train and want to get to the shops, I use the bridge. I suppose it would be quicker to use the underpass.

shzl400

24-04-2008 02:43 PM

But there is another way!! If just crossing the tracks (without travelling), I often walk along the S. Circ on the raised pavement under the railway bridge. It depends where I am headed...

If getting off a train, I use the bridge, but I don't often use train at peak hours and on top of that, use Honor Oak more anyway!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields